• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nausea

amanda577

I am 2 weeks post gastric bypass, and still feeling nauseous every day. I wake up feeling nauseous, and it never really goes away until I sleep again. I have just started week 3 which is supposed to be pureed food including protein, but am finding it hard to keep down, so staying with soups and protein shakes and suchlike for a few more days. Will this nausea go away on it's own or should I be worried, its really beginning to get me down.. Did anyone else experience this?

Yes I felt sick every day fpor a long time I still do I am never sick though but do feel it, I started to cook with ginger and then used to have a ginger snap just a half at first helped settle it down a bit, water helps flushes through whatever is making you feel like that. xx

I felt nauseous for a long time post op. Probably what you are describing for about the first 4 weeks and then it continued after eating until about 6 weeks post op and then occasionally until about 8 weeks. I don't feel nauseous at all now unless I eat a bit too fast by mistake. I spoke to my surgeon about it at my 5 week check up and he said it was normal and some people just take a while for it all to settle. I did move through my stages at the times I was meant to but I took it nice and slowly as I did it. Keep hydrated if you are being sick and make sure you are keeping fluids down, if that ever becomes a problem contact your GP and team straight away. If you are worried at all you can always give them a ring to be safe but in general that was normal for me, keep trying your purée and see if you can find something that agrees with you. If you find you can't move on to the next stage at all definitely give your team a ring. Best of luck x

Thanks guys! It is just so wearing feeling sick all the time... It can't be connected to what liquids I am drinking, because the nausea is there as soon as I wake up, and just sort of stays regardless. Well at least it seems like it is pretty normal, and I suppose I will just have to ride through it and hope it goes away sooner rather than later..

Hope it passes quickly for you Amanda, take care hun xxx

I forgot to say I went to my GP around 2 weeks post op and she prescribed some anti sickness tablets. They helped with the nausea a lot, so if it it starts to get to you that might be worth a try :) x

thanks dimond. And thanks shelleymarie I will definitely go to my GP if it hasn't eased up in the next week. xx

Back