• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Never seem to do things by half.

hopelesscase

I'm not often ill but by gum when i am i don't do it lightly. Developed a temperature during the night and was up and down to the loo peeing. Dosed myself up with paracetomol and increased my fluids including cranberry juice. As the day has gone on i've been feeling rougher and rougher so decided that i better go to the walk in centre as i have 3 children here the weekend.

Saw a lovely nurse who asked for a urine sample and it was absolutely full of blood. She wanted to phone the hospital to get me admitted for intravenous antibiotics but 2 of the children i have got this weekend their mum is away. It really would unsettle them sending them somewhere else.

She has consulted with the urologist on call and has given me 2 types of antibiotics on the understanding if my symptoms become any worse i take myself to the hospital.

All 3 children are Severely Autistic but are being so good. Did Mc Donalds for lunch and my son is coming over to sort tea out.

Have you noticed that when your ill these days its worse than before you lost weight/ or is it im not used to being ill so it feels worse?!!!

Hope you get better soon, hunnie .... well done for putting the children first (but be careful no to put yourself at risk) xx :)

So sorry you are feeling so I'll. If you have a urinary infection I am not surprised you poor love. Ido so hope that you are feeling better soon. Get to the doctor as soon as you can when the little ones go home. Sending hugs.

I used to suffer urinary tract infections on a regular basis so I know how bad they can be. Strangely I haven't had one since my op so I guess the extra fluids we have to take have helped me with them.

You have my sympathies and huge respect for sticking with it for the kids sake Carol but make sure you look after yourself too. If it gets worse get your skinny arse to A&E

Sounds awful and your being so good with the kids it cant be easy feeling like you do. As the others have said be careful and go to A&E if things get worse. x

oh look after yourself mate, hope you feel better soon :( i understand how difficult it is with autistic children as my nephew is also autistic, take care xxx

Poor you. Hope you feel better soon and that the children contiue to be good for you xx

Hi luv!

What an absolute nightmare. You must feel like "ten miles of bad road" as they used to say back in America.

I do know what mean thought. I do not hardly EVER get ill these days. But when I do-I have to take special care to be sure I get extra rest and sometimes even a visit to the GP.

Be gentle on yourself and that is fabulous that you are getting some help from your family during this time. You must be completely shattered!!

Hugs!

I'm not often ill but by gum when i am i don't do it lightly. Developed a temperature during the night and was up and down to the loo peeing. Dosed myself up with paracetomol and increased my fluids including cranberry juice. As the day has gone on i've been feeling rougher and rougher so decided that i better go to the walk in centre as i have 3 children here the weekend.

Saw a lovely nurse who asked for a urine sample and it was absolutely full of blood. She wanted to phone the hospital to get me admitted for intravenous antibiotics but 2 of the children i have got this weekend their mum is away. It really would unsettle them sending them somewhere else.

She has consulted with the urologist on call and has given me 2 types of antibiotics on the understanding if my symptoms become any worse i take myself to the hospital.

All 3 children are Severely Autistic but are being so good. Did Mc Donalds for lunch and my son is coming over to sort tea out.

Have you noticed that when your ill these days its worse than before you lost weight/ or is it im not used to being ill so it feels worse?!!!

Kids have been great i was ready for bed by 8pm last night so packed them all off. All asleep by 8.30 and have all slept till 8am. My temp has been 39.7c but paracetamol working so don't feel too bad apart from the antibiotics are making me feel sick and have given me the squits but the nurse did warn me that they might. Fingers crossed last night was the worse of it.

Carol, hope your okay hun, only just seen this post, try rest as much as you can hun, hard for you i know, have texted you hun, get well soon, shout if you need anything xxx

kids have been great and killed 2 birds with one stone took them to a play centre at lunchtime just after taking my meds so they could play and eat!! picnic tea i think. funnily enough food is the furthest thing from my mind not eaten anything for last 2 days but drinking plenty.

Just back from the Dr. Have to stop the antibiotics there too strong for little me. Sent a sample off to find out exactly what bug is in there and will treat accordingly but still got a temp. so paracetamol and cranberry it is for now. never though i wold be told something was too strong for me lol

Oh hope your better soon hun, sounds horrible, hope your home today resting xxxxx

Back