• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

martingiles

hi am new to all this so please bare with me .am looking into a gastric bypass and i think i have found where i want the op done but would like to know if any body out there has had any experiance with them that they could pass on to me. wlsgroup bradford thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum hopefully someone will be along with some answers for your soon x

Hi there welcome!
I had my bypass with WLS group but not in Bradford so dont know anything about the location but as a provider they have been fab, very informative, supportive and efficient (only took two weeks from enquiry to surgery!)
Best of luck

Good luck and if they only take 2 weeks that's fantastic :)

Well Martingiles, I am a bypasser but had mine on the nhs up on Sunderland 17 months ago. You won't regret it I don't know about your provider inquestion but wish you all the best on your weight loss journey, it may not take long to have the op but please make sure you are mentally ready, I recently spoke to a forum colleague who went private not with that company of course but she now feels that she is not coping and really wasn't prepared to have the op. It took me almost 2 years from referral to op date which give syou a long time to think things over and get thing sin to perspective. It is not an easy journey for some which I am sure you have found with your research, however for some it can be a pleasing experience. I have been really well with only the odd blip. Good luck with it all and please if you have not done it already do lot more research you need to know everything possible. Like after care what happens do you have follow up appointments do you have access to a dietician these are the things you will need to have access to and to find out about. This friend of mine feels like there was no after care and feels now very isolated. She was treat very well while in their care but after the op thats it not a lot else really should anything occur n you need medical help. xx

Back