• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Milk Allergy?

MissCurves

I am 2 weeks post-op. This started at 1 week post-op.I have never had a problem with milk before. I have always Loved dairy products. But I was never drinking it multiple times a day either. Seems that I am breaking out with a rash all over my neck, down my chest(in a line) and almost reaching my stomach. And to be honest I am not sure it it's the milk or the beneprotein. Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't have the rash, but I had excruciating stomach pains (not when doing my milk diet)but as I really upped my milk intake as I was trying to adjust to maintaining rather than losing. I introduced soya milk for a while and it seemed to sort itself out in its own good time. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Our tums have taken a battering so are prone to be temperamental post op & I think 99% of us have some sort of reaction to milk or milk products. I used soya products for a few weeks when mine objected to milk & made me dump. Once my Tim had calmed down I can now use dairy products with no problems at all. Its a case of trial & error until it settles post op again.

I think that's what I will do, switch to soya/almond milk for a while... Thank you for the input!

Depending on our tums a few days or a few weeks will sort it out, double check with your dietitian just to be sure they're happy with our suggestions. But I think it may help you need the protein so swapping for a lactose free foods for a little while is a good alternative.

For the first time in a week I took 1 scoop of the protein powder... Well I think I figured it out. What was starting to go away, has started flaring up again. So I will stay with my milk and no more Beneprotein for me.. It was Gross anyway!

I mixed protein powders in soups & things having brought the plain sort rather than flavoured. I'd also mix a scoop with a quarter cup each of milk, fat free yoghurt & either fresh, tinned or frozen fruits, blitzed it with a hand blender making a protein shake/smoothie. Gave me a brilliant flavoured drink with a high protein boost. Worth a try if you fancy the sound of it. You get a great drink that's only got natural sugars in & you choose the mix of flavours, supermarkets these days have a great selection of various frozen fruits & tropical or forest mixes, to suit your taste rather than ploughing through tubs of flavoured protein powders.

I've always loved dairy products and it was a majority of my diet but since surgery... Not anymore. Dairy (especially milk) upsets my stomach horribly. :/ However, I am able to tolerate Silk. Not fond of it but its a great source of the vitamins and protein you need.

Back