• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Operation -Then- Eat what you want

Ivy

Hi all

The duodenal switch

Well there is a new op on the market where they move around a few parts of ya body - twist it all around (something like that) and afterwards all the food goes undigested...

you can eat like you've always wanted too and BINGO the weight flies off...

Read it in the paper...its also extremely dangerous

"I would be able to overeat but it would be impossible to put on weight. I knew it was the answer"

Mirror.co.uk - Your Life - Health - I COULD HAVE THE DIED ON THE OPERATING TABLE..BUT I WAS DESPERATE TO BE THIN

Well now thats something new for the books!

Ivy

Now there's an idea ..... all your food goes undigested (along with all the protein, vitamins and minerals) :( .

I can understand why people would be desperate enough to consider this: way too drastic for me though (and I suspect, for most people).

The biggest question is when does it stop? After a certain length of time you'd end up weighing less than a atom...

God knows it seems like all overweight persons dreams rolled into one...but the dangers are horrendously bad...

not worth the risks involved.

But a new development of weight control op's with a twist!

Ivy

From what I've read, you have to continue with a lowfat, high protein diet and add vits and minerals for the rest of your life.

Too high fat a diet after this surgery, can lead to nasty side effects:eek:

I know someone who has had it done,she weighed around 31 stone when she had the op done and has had it done in 2 parts as it was 2 much of a risk because of her health.
Each op was done abroad and i think it was done 16 weeks apart.
After the first op she lost 5 stone is the 16 weeks,have lost contact with her so am not 2 sure how she is doing but when i last spoke to her she said she was able to eat the size of a small starter as a meal.

I researched this op just before i started on CD - had in fact been in contact with a surgeon who could remove my band and do the op at the same time.

I have to say given my experiences with my band i am very sceptical about any WLS - i decided for me to try to get to the root cause of my overeating - i'm still trying and not particularly succeeding but i do see that these surgeries are definitely not the cure.

Have now read this article (maybe should have read it first hehe) - surely it can't be that easy?? Why at 9 stone has she stopped losing weight? Like others said - does she have to take loads of vitamins etc etc - is sooo dangerous to have articles like this that just present a happy happy scenario that sucks vulnerable people (like me - because i will be doing more research) into thinking its the answer to all thats wrong in their lives.

Rant over :)

now thats true - she didnt die...and shes estatic but the risks of this op is far greater than any other WLS...

Even with the golden ticket of eating whatever and whenever you want...

Surely that in itself cant be good for the auld ticker even if the weight never ever goes back on...

I dunno...

Ivy

Hey all,

well i read this with great interest and have been researching and i have just joined the duodenal support forum and have been questioning the members its alot like this forum everyone is very friendly.

I was quite impressed truth be told , you can't eat what you want after as your stomach is only able to take a little at a time for me who has a problem with binges this is definitely an option .
Now i must go and root down the back of the sofa only need £12,000 so back soon :D

okay reality check time i will consider having my body chopped about consider all sorts of horrific side effects but wont stop eating crap aaaaaaaarrrgh !!!!!!!! :eek:

reality check over, all as it should be ,back to your business nothing to see here !!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Back