• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Post Op'ers & Metformin

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
I had my op on 3/10/11 & post op felt great but for the past 10 days I have been barely able to eat or drink as I felt sooooo sick all the time. Eating became such a battle & drinking almost stopped :eek: soo I called my bariatric nurse who asked which meds I was on. Shel had told me it could be the Fast tabs so I mentioned that & she told me I could go back to capsule form Lansoprazole but as I have not got them yet, I have not taken them for 2 days. BUT this is not why I was feeling nauseous .... it was Metformin.:( She recognized the symptom's immediately so I have not had any of them either for 2 days & today feel terrific :D:D:D:D Not only that, my sugar levels are no different so seems I am holding my own in that department, for the time being at least.
So this serves as a warning to all newly post op peeps ... if you don't feel right, ring your team. I have had nearly 2 weeks of feeling like death for no reason but my own stubbornness, thinking I could sort myself out. Hmmm, lesson learnt xxx:D:D

Oh hun am so glad that your feeling better - bet it such a relief xx

aww aye twinkle glad you are feeling much better thanks for that post.

onwards and upwards now hay hun.xxx

I am so pleased you managed to sort it out and are feeling better. Thank goodness I haven't tried to take any of my liquid metformin yet. I will bin them now. Come to think of it they used to make me feel really sick and kind of spaced out all the time. I am managing quite well on 20 units of Lantus a day split half at 8am and half at 8pm and my readings are averaging 5.5 so am very happy. I reckon I will need to reduce the Lantus very soon as I heal up some more and lose more weight.

Thank you for the timely warning :)

Have to admit that I spent last night up until 3am sitting on the toilet with awful runny motions. The only cause I can think of was eating a little too much cheesy potato at dinner or the weight watchers dessert style yogurt I had mid afternoon. It is all a learning curve isn't it?

Glad your feeling better twinkle x

That's why i love this site i would never of known that and probably thought that's part of the after op process :) Glad you're feeling better now x

Back