• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to this

darenp

hi all im daren and my wife is tray. she is on the waiting list for wls, i have come on here to see if anyone has a wife, husband, partner, that might be able to help me with any questions i might have about what my wife is going to go through, and how i can help her on her journey, im not going to lie but i am worried sick about her having the op, and feel useless that i cant understand more of what shes going through.

daren:confused:

Mate dont worry the hospital will do every test on your wife before the operation they will check everything before she is admitted for surgery, blood pressure,ecg etc so when she does go for the surgery everybodies mind will be at ease, you will get a lot of answers on this forum Daren so feel free to ask away.

Dont worry too much...easier said than done I know. As has been said, the hospitals are over cautious if anything. They test everything and if they think you should wait they say so ( I had to wait another 6 months until my health improved). Also, do go to any hospital appointments together as well as any support groups the hospital may organise as they are good for both of you. My hubby has been to all appointments and meetings and made friends in the process. Just being there and being supportive is all that is needed!
x.

I think most loved ones get worried. If you have any questions just ask away and someone will be able to answer them for you. As suggested above go to any appointments with Tracey and ask as many questions of the medics as you want, they will do there best to answer them I am sure.

thanks to all of you that have replied to me, its nice to know that im not going to be on my own dealing with this,

Darenxx

:)Hi Daren,

Well done for coming on here & asking questions that is such a great support for Tray (she did say you were her prince!)

I am waiting for my funding for wls & hubby (who initially thought it too drastic) has been to a couple of support group meetings & a social night out......but at other times I like to go alone-I find I can learn more if I'm not worrying about him-lol

Otherwise read,read,read - this forum & join in it's fantastic for info & support. Also I find watching "Fat Doctor" (tonight 9pmsky 254) helps me to not feel like a failure-Shaw Somers is so understanding of obesity

I agree with everything everyone has said above. My fella came to all my appointments too and it really helped. He was so scared when I went for surgery, but here I am, 7 months on ans 7 stone down and we are both so happy I made the choice. You got any questions you just ask!

Take care x

Might be a good idea if you pop down to your local library and have a borrow of weight loss surgery for dummies! I did and it is very informative, you could both look through it and probably find some good help from it....

My husband hasn't read it yet, but i figure if i leave it in the toilet it's only a matter of time....

Good luck to you both x

thankyou all so much for your comments and and advice, not so sure on the "prince" bit!!!! i will take your advice and read up as much as i can, i have already told my wife that i will be with her from the very start, im just scared, worried, and, just praying it goes well, im glad that i can come on here for some support and advice thankyou all.......

Daren

Back