• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbee says hi 👋

mrs_c

Hi,

I started the LRD yesterday and am booked for surgery on 20th August at Worcester Royal.

Hoping for the RNY depending upon scar tissue from previous surgery.

Any hints for LRD or experience of having RNY after previous stomach surgery (c section?)

Thanks in advance 🙂

Bling Babe

Hi,

I started the LRD yesterday and am booked for surgery on 20th August at Worcester Royal.

Any hints for LRD or experience of having RNY after previous stomach surgery (c section?)

Thanks in advance 🙂
Welcome and good luck, which LRD diet are you doing, best advice whichever it is would be to keep very well hydrated xx

Parsnip

Hi,

Thanks in advance 🙂
Hi and welcome, I had my RNY last week and have had one previous c section and everything went fine. As for tips for your LRD, I'd recommend to drink as much fluids as you can. I did the food lrd (with a couple of days of shakes) and drank at least 3 litres each day (if only I could manage that now 😂).
Good luck for your op. Looking forward to following your journey x

mrs_c

Hi and welcome, I had my RNY last week and have had one previous c section and everything went fine. As for tips for your LRD, I'd recommend to drink as much fluids as you can. I did the food lrd (with a couple of days of shakes) and drank at least 3 litres each day (if only I could manage that now 😂).
Good luck for your op. Looking forward to following your journey x
Hi,
Thank you so much for replying.
Hope your recovery is going well?
I don’t believe it’s going to happen for me & probably won’t until I wake up! Xx

Parsnip

Hi,
Thank you so much for replying.
Hope your recovery is going well?
I don’t believe it’s going to happen for me & probably won’t until I wake up! Xx
Recovering well, I've been very lucky in that I've not had much gas pain and seem to tolerate everything I've tried so far (which isn't a huge amount as still on liquids for another week).
It will still feel really surreal even after you've had it 😂