• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie and lost... :-(

SAS1 said:
Yours may be different, mine is

2 carbs choices only a day from the following: 1 slice bread, 1 weetabix, 2 new potato, 2 crackers, half jkt potato or 3 tbsp cereal (no sugar).
Veg choice 2 per day: 1 small bowl salad, 2-3 tbsp any veg. One fruit allowed per day also.
Milk/dairy 2-3 choices per day: 200mls milk, small pot yogurt, 1oz cheese, 4oz cottage cheese.
Protein 2-3 choices a day: 2 eggs, 2-3 oz beef, lamb, mince, poultry, oily fish. 3 slices lean bacon, 3 slices lean cold meat, 2 veg sausages.

Drinks water, no sugar fruit squash, tea, decaf coffee.

It's not too bad, I'm doing ok on day 6 at the moment. Your provider will let you know what to do as they have all your facts and know what's best. I'm glad I'm not on milk and yogurt as couldn't cope!!! Feel sorry for those who are I would definitely struggle. X

Thanks :)...very kind of you....added you as a friend on fitness pal!

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

Gillykit said:
Hey the diet at Spire Manchester is low carb and low fat - lots of protein and veg, fruit and low fat yoghurt - which is good practice for after your op! I found it ok to do and certainly better than the diet shake option which I was initially going to do. I'm sure you'll be fine on it. If you got the Spire green booklet at your consultation it's on Page 25/26. xx

Thanks! R u on fitness pal? Didn't get the booklet but will ask Mary when I speak to her Monday...

dejnablue said:
Thanks! R u on fitness pal? Didn't get the booklet but will ask Mary when I speak to her Monday...

Yes just replied to the other thread! rainegill on Fitness Pal. Get Mary to send you the booklet on email and if she can't let me know I think I still have one or can scan and send you the relevant pages. x

My provider is with spire Liverpool, wonder if its all the same? Just logged my intake today, off to do my exercise, put it in to force me into doing it! :)

Gillykit said:
Yes just replied to the other thread! rainegill on Fitness Pal. Get Mary to send you the booklet on email and if she can't let me know I think I still have one or can scan and send you the relevant pages. x

That'd b great if you could send it me so I can start planning or losing before OP...will def speak to Mary Monday though....got so many questions I forgot to ask...typical hey! I did try to add you as a friend but no luck :-(...not sure how to do it to be honest??

SAS1 said:
My provider is with spire Liverpool, wonder if its all the same? Just logged my intake today, off to do my exercise, put it in to force me into doing it! :)

Should b pretty similar and if I follow the info You gave me,I can't really go much wrong?! I too intend on exercising but would like to lose a couple of stones first so I can actually BREATHE through it!..lol..what kind of exercise do you do? Used to do zumba n loved it before weight got my asthma going again :-(

dejnablue said:
That'd b great if you could send it me so I can start planning or losing before OP...will def speak to Mary Monday though....got so many questions I forgot to ask...typical hey! I did try to add you as a friend but no luck :-(...not sure how to do it to be honest??

I've added you as a friend :)

dejnablue said:
Should b pretty similar and if I follow the info You gave me,I can't really go much wrong?! I too intend on exercising but would like to lose a couple of stones first so I can actually BREATHE through it!..lol..what kind of exercise do you do? Used to do zumba n loved it before weight got my asthma going again :-(

I love my zumba! Can't do at moment as bad knee, just walking or on exercise bike very low level then a load of stretches. Hoping to restart zumba after the op, ooh I miss it so much, only exercise I like!!! :)

Back