• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cupcakes&wine

I just thought I'd say hi to everyone as I've been reading peoples tummy tuck posts and I felt a bit rude just joining in so.... hi!

I'm having a standard TT & lipo to my flanks on Aug 15th with Ken Stewart of BeYou/Spire. I am super excited but somewhat nervous too!

I had originally been booked in for surgery in April with another surgeon but was let down a couple of weeks before the big day as I have a bleeding disorder and it couldn't be treated at the hospital he operated out of.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm looking forward to chatting to you all, you all seem a v friendly bunch! :D

Welcome, cupcakes&wine!
I bet your excited on you TT, I would be too but I'm still far from that.
Sorry to hear that your op has been delayed but I gather it was for your health/safety reasons. And August is soon to come.
Best luck on your TT!

I just thought I'd say hi to everyone as I've been reading peoples tummy tuck posts and I felt a bit rude just joining in so.... hi!

I'm having a standard TT & lipo to my flanks on Aug 15th with Ken Stewart of BeYou/Spire. I am super excited but somewhat nervous too!

I had originally been booked in for surgery in April with another surgeon but was let down a couple of weeks before the big day as I have a bleeding disorder and it couldn't be treated at the hospital he operated out of.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm looking forward to chatting to you all, you all seem a v friendly bunch! :D
Great, good luck, you wont be sorry, I had a tummy tuck about 30 years ago after having a very big baby. I looked like a cangaroo when bending forward and after the tummy tuck the skin was gone, It is not at all as sore as one would expect, more uncomfortable. I was petrified that I would tear a stitch or something and really took it easy. This was one surgery I was sure not to mess up.
30 years after the fact I am still glad I did it, I have picked up weight over the years and going for a sleeve soon, none the less. I still have a middle and look better than others of my same weight. Initially I was very discouraged when I tried on my clothes for my first post op visit. I could not even zip up my skirt. even though my stomach was very firm and tight. Boy was I surprized when the swelling went down and I saw the real result.
So be prepared for the swelling.
Another issue is the loss of sensation on the surture line, this is because the nerves are damaged, this takes long to resolve but it does get back sensation again. it could take a few years. It is not a bother, I just did not like anyone touching the area as it felt weird, but now and many years ago I had return of sensation when the nerve fibres regenerated.
At the corner where the surture line ends you could get a pointy bit should you pick up a bit of weight, when the weight goes down it smoothes out again.
The great thing is that under the skin there are fat cells, they may have shrunk after weight loss but are still there and after surgery they are gone forever never to swell again. Great stuff.
Good luck with your journey.
I have never looked back or regretted a minute of it and there are great drugs for pain relief after surgery so anyone considering a tummy tuck or surgery of any kind will be fine. Just remember to request more analgesia if yours is not adequate.
Hope this helps you and others.

Last edited:
Mushi1 thank you I'm almost 2yrs post bypass & have maintained for a year 1/2st off my target healthy weight & bmi so will on the advice of my dietitian be approaching my gp for the possibility of funding for plastics. Reading your story has given me a bit more resolve & acceptance that I do deserve this additional chance of a less wobbly figure to go with the slimmer me & that that last 1/2st & possibly a bit more is caught up in my excess skin. I'm still at the stage of feeling a failure for not losing that last bit myself ignoring the 8st 3lbs I've lost so far. Your post has given me a boost & I thank you for it.

Thanks Mushi for pointing out that fat cells shrink but do not disappear.
By eliminating the fat cells, chances of regaining weight should be lower, I believe.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

It's nice to hear from people that have made it out the other side! I seem to be worried about silly things rather than the pain itself which is maybe a good thing as it means I can't talk myself out of it.

I think I'm mentally prepared for the post op swell hell but I guess I'll have to wait and see, it's a shame we can't all just wake up with the bodies we dreamt of :D

Hi Cupcakes & Wine - less than a month to go for you now... how you feeling about things?

I really cannot recommend Mr Stewart and the Murrayfield staff enough. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them based on my own experience. But I can say you are in the very best of hands with Mr Stewart. :)

Back