• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step??

emmajane1981

Was just wondering if after the seminar the next step is appointment with bariatric nurse? I had the seminar few weeks ago and have received letter today saying my appointment is 14th march! I'm confused though cos I'm waiting for a x ray appointment as have a band at minute but will probs end up having it out because I have been having problems with it! I have nor received x ray appointment yet?

LOL I just knew from the wording that it was SUNDERLAND Howay the lads and lasses yes you will be sent an appointment for Bariatric Nurse and dietician all at the same time. A good tip is if you got your BMI checked at the seminar try and loose some weight from now it all goes towards the target tey will set you or even pass you through if you have lost enough taking that they agree you should progress

Oh dear is it that obvious where I'm from ( note to self must try harder with grammar!) thanks for your advice, I can't believe that I have to wait till march! It seems like ages away!

Its not what you wrote it was the words seminar and appointment with Bariatric Nurse - So So Sunderland protocol ;) March is very soon it will fly by - BUT you will only say that post op i do remember it seemed like ages waiting at the time x

Ah right, ha ha! It seems like forever away! What will happen at appointment? Did you get your opp done at Sunderland?

Hi, I am a patient at SRH, ahead in the process but still pre-op. As Phil says, try and lose some weight (if you haven't already lost some since the seminar). I lost around 4kg between seminar and nurse/dietician appointment and because of that they didn't set me a target loss for my next appointment, just said that I mustn't put any on. It is suprising how quickly March will come around :) x

Hi Emmajane, i am also a SRH bod, I went to the seminar in Jan this year, appointment to see bariatric nurse and dietician on 20th May by which time I'd lost a stone, they still set me a further target of 7lbs before my next appointment though. I see the consultant on 9th Jan 2012, but having regained the stone I had lost I now have to lose 21lb before Jan :(
from what others on here have said I think the appt in Jan will just be to confirm which op I will be suitable for and to refer me for endoscopy (apparently this is how they do things at SRH). Once endoscopy is done I think you're then on the waiting list for surgery, the bariatric nurse said once you're on the list the target time for surgery is 6 months but I don't know if they hit their targets or not.
Hope this helps hun :)

Back