• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS gastric sleeve UCLH

Goodmack

Hi all, I'm on the waiting list for gastric sleeve surgery, seeing my consult on 25 th June. I'm 18.9 stone, 5 ft 4 inch and 51 yrs old. Everything creek's, aches, feel miserable about my weight, been a lifelong battle, can't wait for this to happen now. I understand it's going to be a while but I don't mind in the least, grateful so grateful for this all to begin..... Thanks for reading... I will keep you updated with everything as it goes along...... X

Hi all, I'm on the waiting list for gastric sleeve surgery, seeing my consult on 25 th June. I'm 18.9 stone, 5 ft 4 inch and 51 yrs old. Everything creek's, aches, feel miserable about my weight, been a lifelong battle, can't wait for this to happen now. I understand it's going to be a while but I don't mind in the least, grateful so grateful for this all to begin..... Thanks for reading... I will keep you updated with everything as it goes along...... X
Hiya, welcome and good luck, my journey was almost 2 years but I found that time really useful to be able to research as much as I possibly could, research research research is the best advice I can give.
puts the hardest thing I’ve ever done but also the best thing I’ve ever done, you still need plenty of willpower because it’s far from being a magic wand (as so many people who have never had a weight problem seem to think!).
there are some really useful diaries on here but a lot of us are in the bronze section and you need to post 100 times before you are able to access them so keep on posting, every comment or post counts towards that 100. There are still lots of diaries available and lots of advice too.
keep in touch x

Thankyou so much for your reply, great advice. Really going to be doing my research and will definitely be posting then !!! Thankyou again. I will keep my Sleeve journey updated on this site. Such a fab site .

Hi could anyone inform how long I will stay in hospital for after my gastric sleeve operation? And how long I need to be off work, I'm a nail technician. Thankyou.

Hi could anyone inform how long I will stay in hospital for after my gastric sleeve operation? And how long I need to be off work, I'm a nail technician. Thankyou.
It's usually 1 or 2 nights, and off work anything from 1-6 weeks depending on the work you do. I work from home in an admin position and was told 1-3 weeks. The best thing to do is ask your surgeon, as everyone is different and so much depends on your personal health and mobility. Different surgeons also recommend different diets following the procedure, but whether it is liquid only or puree, the diet is very low calorie so along with your body undergoing a trauma, you won't be getting a lot of energy from your diet and you will be TIRED. I felt up to walking and doing light housework a few days after my bypass but after everything I have to lie down, and keep falling asleep. 2 weeks out and every day I have a little more energy, but the time off has also helped me get my head around the schedule of eating and drinking and medication.

Thankyou so much for the information. I'm booked in for my pre assessment for my bloods MRSA etc in July , then I see my surgeon 31 st aug. So will be finding out more then . Your information is really useful, many thanks. X

Back