• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No added sugar Nesquik or Crusha mix

mr97

Hi all,
I had gastric sleeve surgery 4 days ago and have been preparing to place an online grocery order to add variation and choice to my pureed stage eating plan.

Having read through many posts, many people recommend no added sugar Crusha or Nesquik. I've tried Tesco, Asda and Sainburys but none of them have any no added sugar options. In fact I am unable to find any milkshake mix at all that isn't loaded with sugar. I live in the Northeast of England so I'm unsure if it’s not arrived here yet or only available in Waitrose or major supermarkets further south.
I'm not sure if it’s the anaesthetic still messing with my system but I'm now starting to think that it may be an under the counter or secret handshake type of purchase as normally reduced sugar or lower calorie options are normally equally or even more popular than the full sugar/fat version.

Please can someone tell me where I can buy some or failing that, does anyone know of any other reduced sugar milkshake mix that will do the job?

Well you've guessed our secret in that you do need a certain kind of handshake, wink, oh yes and if I tell you I will need to kill you ;)

The only sugar free (almost can't remember off hand) is NAS Crusha. There are 2 flavours, strawberry and raspberry. All the others have sugar. They also do sugar versions of these flavours so read the top of the bottle.

I first got it in Tesco's, then they stopped doing it, so I got it in Morrisons. My Tesco's has it sometimes now. Not sure about Sainsburys or Waitrose, and regrettably I don't have Asda.

My surgeon approved it for the pre-op milk diet.

When you read the nutritional information on the back for the made up version, the sugar content is from the milk, so read the other column of just the red stuff.

I tend to buy in bulk, and clear the shelf when I find it.

Happy hunting !!

Hi
I had trouble find NAS Crusha, searched everywhere & finally found some on Amazon, they only sell the 1 ltr bottle for around £10, expensive I know but I was desperate as I hate milk & I can just manage it with flavouring, so forked out the money.

Morrisons was the only place I could find the no added sugar. Do you have a Morrisons where you are? I also saw it on Amazon :)

Admittedly im in the south, it should be about £2 a bottle. I got mine in Asda, sainsburys, morrisons and tesco, it should be in the aisle with the powdered milks etc. If you have no luck finding any, how about whizzing up some frozen fruit (just a little) with some milk?

Thank you guys.
I'll try a special hand shake first in my local Asda. LOL There's a Morrisons store I can visit so I'll try them.
Good call re. frozen strawberries etc. I have a vitamix blender so It would be a good idea to start getting it to earn its keep.

I don't know if it’s the anaesthetic but little things like not finding something really gets me frustrated at the moment. I seem to spend most of my day - fortunately - feeling so happy with my wls and optimistic about life, but the slightest little thing can turn me into a complete stress head.

I've never been able to find them in Asda, has been tesco and morrisons.

Hi all,
I had gastric sleeve surgery 4 days ago and have been preparing to place an online grocery order to add variation and choice to my pureed stage eating plan.

Having read through many posts, many people recommend no added sugar Crusha or Nesquik. I've tried Tesco, Asda and Sainburys but none of them have any no added sugar options. In fact I am unable to find any milkshake mix at all that isn't loaded with sugar. I live in the Northeast of England so I'm unsure if it’s not arrived here yet or only available in Waitrose or major supermarkets further south.
I'm not sure if it’s the anaesthetic still messing with my system but I'm now starting to think that it may be an under the counter or secret handshake type of purchase as normally reduced sugar or lower calorie options are normally equally or even more popular than the full sugar/fat version.

Please can someone tell me where I can buy some or failing that, does anyone know of any other reduced sugar milkshake mix that will do the job?

Hi Will

Morrisons is the only place in Darlington that I have been able to find it and yes, they only do Strawberry and Raspberry. Usually I would only have had the strawberry, but the raspberry is gorgeous and the strawberry isn't as tasty. The writing of 'No added sugar' is on the neck of the bottle in big letters, so you can't miss it. I have been having this on my milk diet. :)

Just make sure you leave some on the shelf for me though!! Lol. :)

Hope you are feeling good and your recovery is going well. xxx

Thanks Chrissy, I check-out Morrisons and I'll be sure to leave some on the shelf for your next visit. lol

I'm feeling good, thank you, can't believe I had surgery just 4 days ago. You'll soon be back on here sharing your own wls experience very soon.
Top cat – I think Tesco has discontinued the no added sugar range for some reason, but at least Morrisons have come good. Shame they don’t deliver.

Hiya, when I was on the milk & pre-op I lived on nas crusha... I found the strawberry & raspberry in tesco & sainsbury's but they tended only to be in larger branches & I bought in bulk when I saw it plus recruited friends & family to buy too.
Crusha also do a banana flavour too but I only found this in bookers cash & carry... Bookers are also good as they do 1l bottles of the syrup :)
Ooh for a bit of a change I added a few drops of vanilla essence to the milk too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
they have it at asda and tesco here but only the strawberry one

Thanks beakaboo and robina, a fellow wls friend has informed me that my local Morrisons stock the NAS version in Rasp & Stawberry flavour so I think I'm sorted at last. With just having my op a few days ago I was hoping to get it via an online shopping order as walking miles carrying shopping is definately out for a week or so.
I even sent an email to Crusha earlier to day to see if I could purchase direct from them. I'll let you all know if I get the green light, but I'm sure they'll just direct me to one of the big 4! ...But you never know.
My friend has a costco and makro card so I've asked him to look out for some next time he's shopping there so if either or both stores stock it at a sensible price, I'll be sure to let let you all know.

Back