• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No post op blues here yet - more of a who's head can i rip off first kinda night

phatmomma

I was told to expect emotions as my fat melts away. But tonight i just feel like if someone says the wrong thing i will really lay into them verbally! This is so not me, at all! I hate arguments with my fellow adults....

Kids are driving me nuts, thing is it's just silly things yet i'm biting and then realising i'm over reacting!

Is this normal? I've heard plenty of you say you're feeling down/weepy. I don't feel like that i just feel like i could literally rip their heads off... HELP!

And to think Trev thinks it's his lucky night :) grr

thats what you need to do... use trev 'nudge nudge' to get all your anger out haha he wont know what to do with himself girl!! ;-p xx

I don't feel like i have the patience for it Kelly! Trev doesn't mind me 'using him' anytime. I really feel very uptight which is not so like me... I may have to resort to a couple of Rich Tea biscuits or make some angel delight...

I think PMT is kicking in as i really really want chocolate! I'm actually talking myself out of getting in the car to go buy some, i so hope when i do cave in, which will happen one day i'm sure, that i dump like hell and scare the life out of myself! xx

When i got like that i was advised to drink more , aparenty the fat we lose contains stress hormones (think thats what they called them) so the more fluid the quicker it was flushes away, to be honest your body has gone through so much over the last few months that its got to let off steam somtime lol dont be too hard on yourself deep breaths and long baths and maybe a bit of a pampering will make you feel more like your calm loving self again x

Julie, my mood swings/hormones/pmt symptoms (or whatever is to blame) are far more severe for me post op than they ever have been in my life. I get so angry and stressed, and then get cross with myself but it almost seems out of control at times.

I do "come down" as quickly as I "kick off" but it still takes me by surprise and I have to remind myself that my hormones are all over the place with the amount of fat I have lost. Im really hoping this is one side effect that will eventually disappear as my weight stabilises.

Oh lordy, God help my lot! I hope I get the blues and not the anger as after my strokes I am a bit angry anyway. I'll end up a lonely old knock-kneed knackered old nose bag!! Julie I hope you curb your temper, but if I hear of a mad woman running rampant in your neck of the woods I'll know who it is :S x

Glad its not just me. I snap and snarl at my hubby far more than i used to and on the bad PMT weeks that i now have ( a menstrual cycle being the worst side effect from this op !!) i often feel physically aggressive and have to stop myself from lashing out.
I struggle to cope with this new element of my personality as i'm normally placid and laid back. As soon as i say the mean things or stop clenching my fists i instantly feel bad and then feel that i have to be extra nice to him to make up for it. Poor bloke doesn't know if he's coming or going with me.

Back