• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

non-domestic male needs help

rugen

hi guys basicaly im a bit useless in the kitchen and my missuses is too..so i probably ended up overweight mainly thru takeaways and microwave meals.
what i need help with is im an electrician who used to just go to the chippy or cafe for mid morning butty and dinner.

what wuld you advise thats really easy to make the night before and can go in a tuppaware bowl for mid morning snack,dinner and afternoon snack

im 1 week from bypass post op and got stage 1 sussed as im at home im just looking into the future when i return to work

many thanks

carl

use a slow cooker and make stews ect these can be portioned up and frozen, and microwaved when wanted

thanks TS but was looking for something a bit more easy and i work either out in middle of nowhere or small building sites which rarely have a mess area but a flask may solve that one

In your work situation, I would recommend something really simple. I would go for cubed up hard cheese (they are lower in fat than soft cheese & can be stored at room temp), fresh fruit (clementines, grapes, bananas are a good start maybe wait a bit on anything with a tough peel) and some type of beef jerky (check that the sugar & fat are sensible when selecting). This meal is a no-cook option, high in protein & portable. Also, you can add some Ryvitas if you like for a little fiber.

Good luck with your transition & let us know how you get on.

Nic;)

Oh, I also wanted to suggest some dried fruit & nuts mix to keep around as snacks. I buy a mix from Holland & Barrets that has no added sugar & low salt, I keep a bag with me just incase I find myself hungry with no safe options. Hope that helps.

Nic:p

thanks Nic your a star!!

Back