• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not happy

daftmoo

4 weeks ago I was under the knife, lost 12lb the first 2 weeks, 3lb week 3 and only 1lb this week. Why's this happening I want to lose more

hmmm im not sure hun as im awaiting surgery and its a lapband... hopefully one of the experianced bypass'ers will come by and help you.... its still a loss tho ( but i undertsand where your coming from) xxx

Please dont worry its just your body catching up with the trauma, if you look back through plenty of newly post ops diarys you will see the same thing come up over and over again its normal , just carry on doing the same as normal and it will start to shift again soon x

hugs x

Daftmoo i'm exactly the same! I've lost something silly like 3lbs in the last 3 weeks. Not only is it the trauma of the surgery but also your body thinks you've moved to a third world country and are starving it, hence it's clinging onto your reserves as much as it can! I'm 100% positive that in a couple of weeks the scales will be much kinder to me.

I meant to measure myself pre op and forgot, but i know my belt has moved up 5 notches which is a good shrinkage.

Keep the faith, we are going to really get in the zone and it won't be long for us hun... We will be slimmer in 6 months, i'm sure of it xx

That's brilliant to have your belt tighter by five notches Julie... excellent... you will get there... be a pleasure to walk alongside you on your way... 'things can only get better'.... take good care xxx

Most people have a little blip about your stage. Mixxie is right, you should just be focussing on recovering from the surgery. The weight WILL come off. Have you measured yourself? The best indication for me was seeing how much smaller I was becoming. Take measurements of wrist, upper arm, neck, bust, waist, hips, thigh, knee and ankles and it'll really shock you when you see how much you lose.

I'm five weeks out and I lost no weight at all in the 3rd and 4th week then overnight 2kgs (4.4lbs) disappeared. I was really angry thinking 'I'm eating sod all yet I'm seeing no results!'

I can now wear my shoulder bag on my shoulder over my jacket so I know that my arms are smaller - I used to have to carry it over my elbow as it wouldn't stay up.

So like everyone says give yourself a break and take note of how your clothes feel. And remember the scales only tell part of the story. ;-)

Poppy x

Just being able to wear your bag over your shoulder is a great thing... every small step is important and I hope to appreciate the small strides in my journey. Much love to you xxx

Hiya, Im 7 months post op and have stalled consistently throughout the last 7 months. It's part of the process where your body plays catch up. However, I've gone weeks without losing anything but have noticed my clothes getting looser so don't just relying on losing weight as a change. Patience is the name of the game here - it took ages to go on and the same coming off. Remember slow is better as the skin has time to shrink back more than if you lost it fast.

Back