• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not so nice bowel movement :(

barbara18

hi can anyone tell me if i am doing anything wrong???, i had gastric bypass surgery last sunday, and is currently been on the puree diet. but no amount of swapping the foods around i seem to get bad diarrhoea, which is embarrasing when im out and about. its making me dread eating any food incase im bad again. is this normal due to tummy healing or is it mild case of 'dumping', im following every thing to detail and getting no further forward :(

Last edited:
Are you resting at all Barbara?
You sound very busy.
I have the opposite problem to you. I am always constipated and have not been to the toilet for 5 days.
Lynne x

not really i kinda thought the quicker i'm on my feet the quicker i would feel better, friends have said how pale i look. i just feel overwhelmed with it all even to the point where i am questioning if i have done the right thing in having the surgery

This must be very worrying for you. I cant answer because I dont have that problem, but I am sure somebody will be along soon who knows how to help you.
Lynne x

Hi

I have the opposite problem too, but you have started food alot earlier than I did, I wasnt allowed the mush for 2 weeks, it was liquid before that.

Hopefully someone else can help, if not phone your team in the morning xx

I was the same early on. The liquid stage certainly cause me diarrhoea and so did the mushy stage. But it should get better fairly soon. If not, call your team.
My tum is super sensitive even now. A little too much fat, sugar or spicy stuff and it runs straight through me.

Make sure you have plenty of fluids and rest!its early days and your insides wont heal for weeks yet,Im 5 weeks out and had to sleep every afternoon 1pm to 3pm or I felt rough.if you feel a little tired go for a lay down.Its the best thing for recovery.Then when you are up take things easy,do a little and rest a little.your bowel is just adjusting to the trauma of surgery but check with your team.In a few weeks you will be fine.Maz x

thank you all very much, great advice i'm waiting on the dietician phoning me back to see what i can change hopefully for the best. :)

Hi Barbara, I'd check everything out with your team... it's such early days and the body rids itself of such a lot of the operative drips and such like... it may be your system flushing itself out... keep your liquid intake up and keep in touch with your GP and team so you don't become dehydrated and keep a record of how things are I did and still do post op... it really helps.

Keep us posted.

Love and hugs xxx

I am glad you called them, at least it will set your mind at rest and hopefully that will travel down to the bowel and make that happy too xx

I'm sorry your struggling, please let us know what your dietician said and please rest, if you are running yourself into the ground and feeling unwell it won't help your body get better.

hi all, just got of the phone with the dietician, she has told me to make sure i take as much fluids as i can in the meantime, she is going to speak to the doctor and phone me back to let me know what is best for me, but i should stick with puree food until she gets back to me x

Last edited:
You must rest Barbara! You've had a major op, lost blood, changed your internal dynamics & your body is trying to repair.
Never mind the physical aspect you have psychologically suffered a major trauma, the hormones will be going haywire & your stress levels will be through the roof

Please take it easy, if our had heart surgery you would; so ou should with bariatric surgery too...!

i am taking it alot easier now after the 'poorly' week i had, but thankfully i have been told to stop my lansoprazole for the next few days and i instantly feel loads better just now waiting on the doctor to advise me on what other meds i will need in place. :) and to top the week off on a good note i had my first weigh in since surgery and i have lost 10lb, im over the moon. things can only get better xx

Hope you are resting Barbara and keep us posted of how you are getting along precious... it's been such a difficult few days and it's time which counts too.... hope you feel much better as the day progresses onwards.

Love and hugs xxx

Thats good news. And a smashing weight loss too. Aww you felt so poorley and it showed in your posts. I'm glad you are feeling better.
Lynne x

Back