• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NOT WLS RELATED

BlueDiamond

Hello all

As the heading states this isnt weight loss related.

lately I have noticed that my hands are weak and I am got clumsy hands as well. Even silly things like doing up buttons etc and I noticed today when chopping the veggies it took all the strength in my hands to hold & chop them up. Does anyone else have anything similar ??? If so wot was ur diagnoses? I know ultimately I need to see a doctor but just wanted to put the feelers out in the forum- tyvm x

is it both hands and do you get pins and needles or pain ? i have rheumatoid arthiritis and my hands are terrible sometimes, mostly i have pain and can't open bottles tins etc or lift pans but if you do have pins and needles or numbness it could be a trapped nerve :) i hope you get to see doc because they can do blood tests and they show up all sorts of things xx good luck and take care

Ty for your reply angie - no pins and needles or numbness. just clumsy and weakness. I do have oesto arthritis elsewhere so it is a possibility - tyvm x

my arms get very weak so maybe it could be to do with your arthiritis so if you get a blood test done they will know if you have raised levels , people think blood tests just show aneamia but they can test all sorts of things even hormone levels , ms, kidney and liver working ok i have mine done once a month so it's a good job i don't have needle phobia :)

Hi Bluediamond - I have exactly the same symptoms. I do have arthritis in my hands, I've ignored the symptoms for years (putting it down to the arthtitis). Finally mentioned it to GP and he says it looks like I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, off for xrays on Tuesday.

It's worth getting your hands checked out hun. x

I was gonna say carpel tunnel? I have arthritis in my hands, I'm clumsy as all time!!! Get it checked out. FYI, I have had 2 of my knuckles replaced due to it! It's amazing what they can do these days. I'm only relatively young (38) to have arthritis but now I've had these replacements there's no stopping me. You can have an op for Carmel tunnel, my mother in law has had it recently and she's fine now. Don't panic just get down the docs xxx

I was gonna say carpel tunnel? I have arthritis in my hands, I'm clumsy as all time!!! Get it checked out. FYI, I have had 2 of my knuckles replaced due to it! It's amazing what they can do these days. I'm only relatively young (38) to have arthritis but now I've had these replacements there's no stopping me. You can have an op for Carmel tunnel, my mother in law has had it recently and she's fine now. Don't panic just get down the docs xxx

Apparently, a steroid injection (into the base of your hand) can also work - an operation might not be necessary. x

If it was carpal tunnel syndrome you would have numbness, pain and pins and needles. I have it in my right hand and it's horrible. My arms felt weak when my vit d levels were really low. I would drop things and have problems gripping things. Just thought it might be that.

If it was carpal tunnel syndrome you would have numbness, pain and pins and needles. I have it in my right hand and it's horrible. My arms felt weak when my vit d levels were really low. I would drop things and have problems gripping things. Just thought it might be that.

Can I just add that you might have any of those symptoms, but not necessarily.

Exactly you need to pop to the docs!

I found Steroid injections made me put on a stone each time!! Although they did work :)

I think I was trying to say not to worry because even if it is arthritis or carpel or whatever, things can be done about it <3 x

Exactly you need to pop to the docs!

I found Steroid injections made me put on a stone each time!! Although they did work :)

I think I was trying to say not to worry because even if it is arthritis or carpel or whatever, things can be done about it <3 x

Yeah - I have been permanently on steroids for over ten years, but the doc swears they have nothing to do with weight gain - YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!

I always put on a stone or so when I was on tablet steroids. And did you know that inhaled steroids for asthma inhibit height growth?

My doc said they didn't too, but then I had a really cool lady doc who actually said noooo that's boll***s it happens too often for it not to be true!!! I did giggle :eek:D

I been on tablet steriods, injected steriods and asthma steriods and been lucky enough not too gain any weight. Btw I got an appointment today with my doctors about my hands , let u know how I get on later - tyvm for all ur support/advice x

I always put on a stone or so when I was on tablet steroids. And did you know that inhaled steroids for asthma inhibit height growth?

Not sure how true that is Yves - my two children who had asthma and were both on steroids for many years reached 6' 4" (male) and 5' 8" (female), whilst still on them. :D

Maybe you're glad they didn't get taller then, lol. Its part of a medical journal I was reading.

Back