• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T Millet Mash

In an attempt to try to improve my diet :eek: ahead of my bypass I thought I'd look into healthier options.
Last night I made a cottage pie, using quorn and a lovely onion gravy, using tamari sauce and arrowroot. So far, so good. Then I tried to make the alternative 'potato topping' as per the recipe, using millet flakes, onion and cauliflower, all mashed up. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Ewwwwwwwwww - it was disgusting - needless to say, the cottage pie turned into 'minced beef' casserole - the topping fed the dustbin.
Has anyone got a decent recipe for Millet Mash? Answers on a postcard etc. etc.

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
never heard of it lol sounds like something that you should be giving a budgie.:p

I used to (pre op) mix mash with butternutsquash and swede, I think when Im allowed the meat I will be using just the veggies with maybe a smattering of lf cheese on top *drool* ...:(..trundles away to sip her actimel lol

ok i just googled it and tbh it Looks like it should be in a budgie cage...sorry not really helpful am I lol :p

tpt

Uber geek
I don't know about Millet mash but I used to use celeriac instead of potato when I did SW - very tasty and much better for you - give that a go?

kandeechops

Sorry don't even know what millet is but it's sounds yukkie,butternut & sweet potato is really nice as is swede & carrot.....Good luck with your pre diet

fairyringuk

free your spirit
I have used all the veg the other ladies have mentioned and they make lovely mash, and tasty too. Millet isnt very nice, quorn I use alot and that is fine, and as you probably know you can buy the sausage beefburgers mince cubes pies etc etc and they are all very palatable.
Good luck on your quest for healthier foods, but often the good old raw veg cooked and mashed is the best.

Jay xx