• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T Umbilical hernia

Hi Margaret, have you been to the GP? Could it be repaired during WLS? x

Hi Jenni
Yeah the Doctor seen it and I`v been to the hospital with it but the surgeon said he wouldnt do an op on it because of me being so fat and with the angina . That was years ago . The surgeon from CX said he wont repair it as I`ll get it done after the bypass/sleeve . But it is a very large bugger . How are you feeling today hun . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Everybody
Has anybody got an umbilical hernia , I`v got a very big one sticking out of my belly button and it worrys me a little bit because on the in side I can feel a big lump . I was thinking it might get in the way of the surgery . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret

On my appointment with registrar she put her finger in my belly button (Oh I hate mine touched) and asked me to cough...and she confirmed that I have one there and that if I get WLS it would be done at the same time...

I think I have a few and that prodding and poking I get from the inside me could also be another one...that too will be taken care of during WLS (If I get it).

Good luck hun

(((HUgs)))

I'm not brill Marg. thanks for asking. I have been far more at ease with my eating pattern though so that is something positive. Lv Jen x

Hi Margaret

On my appointment with registrar she put her finger in my belly button (Oh I hate mine touched) and asked me to cough...and she confirmed that I have one there and that if I get WLS it would be done at the same time...

I think I have a few and that prodding and poking I get from the inside me could also be another one...that too will be taken care of during WLS (If I get it).

Good luck hun

(((HUgs)))
Hi Snow
I cant even get my little finger in my belly button its that big and tight .

I have a hernia to the slight left of my belly button,had it investigated and they said it was after my hysterectomy,the stomach muscle wasnt stitched back properly,nothing to worry about.But I have a back prob because my stomach pulls the spine out of correct position.When I stand for a time I have a pronounced curve to my back and lower back pain kicks in.I feel I need the stomach girdle muscles stiched back and the huge apron of skin removed,then my back will be better.Wait and see if I get wls first!Then that will be another fight.Was told years ago i could have tummy tuck if I kept weight off!

Hiya Margaret.. I can totally sympathise with your worries and concerns re: hernia..

if you've took a look at my blog - u'll have seen my prob but probably not so will explain..
My WLS journey began cos the surgeon I was sent to see about my hernia which started in sept 07,( began just behind top of my belly button and was only small - like yours.. and is now @ 5 - 6 ins with a smaller one just below and to the left of it.) refused to operate on me and it was the surgeon for the hernia who reffered me back to gp for the WLS and am still waiting for the hernia to be sorted.
This is mainly because the hernia surgeon would not operate on me at the size I was because once the weight comes off - it would mean the mesh used to repair the hernia at that point - would need redoing so rather than operate on that prior to weight loss - he'd prefer me to have lost weight and stabalised so it wouldnt need redoing and having had the WLS back in may this yr - now am sat waiting for that hernia op..
Gp told me - if your hernia is only small and your weight loss does help alleviate it - then it could repair itself..
(unfortunatley for me - mine hasnt eased and if anything - is now impacting on the staples from where my port was stitched in :sigh: )

good luck n gimme a shout any time huni xxxxxx

Oh - forgot to add..
my surgeon stated that it wouldnt impact on the WLs in any way as when am laid flat - it would sink back anyway..

so same should apply for you too hunni, if he's aware you have it - it will be on your notes and they'll make sure all is well through your op..

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Margaret.. I can totally sympathise with your worries and concerns re: hernia..

if you've took a look at my blog - u'll have seen my prob but probably not so will explain..
My WLS journey began cos the surgeon I was sent to see about my hernia which started in sept 07,( began just behind top of my belly button and was only small - like yours.. and is now @ 5 - 6 ins with a smaller one just below and to the left of it.) refused to operate on me and it was the surgeon for the hernia who reffered me back to gp for the WLS and am still waiting for the hernia to be sorted.
This is mainly because the hernia surgeon would not operate on me at the size I was because once the weight comes off - it would mean the mesh used to repair the hernia at that point - would need redoing so rather than operate on that prior to weight loss - he'd prefer me to have lost weight and stabalised so it wouldnt need redoing and having had the WLS back in may this yr - now am sat waiting for that hernia op..
Gp told me - if your hernia is only small and your weight loss does help alleviate it - then it could repair itself..
(unfortunatley for me - mine hasnt eased and if anything - is now impacting on the staples from where my port was stitched in :sigh: )

good luck n gimme a shout any time huni xxxxxx
Hi Mandy
Thank you for leaving your comment . Mine must be about 6 ins aswell . I was just thinking I must have it over 6years now . The first time I went to the hospital to see about it the young Doctor said he would do the surgery but he would have to take the belly button away aswell I said to thats ok . But the next time I went I seen his boss and he said the is no way he would take the chance of doing the surgery on me with the weight I was and the illnesses I have . So now I`ll just have to wait for it because Charing Cross want do it with the bypass/sleeve . Thanks again hun . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Mandy
Thank you for leaving your comment . Mine must be about 6 ins aswell . I was just thinking I must have it over 6years now . The first time I went to the hospital to see about it the young Doctor said he would do the surgery but he would have to take the belly button away aswell I said to thats ok . But the next time I went I seen his boss and he said the is no way he would take the chance of doing the surgery on me with the weight I was and the illnesses I have . So now I`ll just have to wait for it because Charing Cross want do it with the bypass/sleeve . Thanks again hun . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Margaret

Probably best to do it at the same time as your surgery...
My registrar told me that those type of hernias were probablt from when you were born..

(((hugs)))

Back