• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T I keep getting electric shocks .

margaretmc

Hi Everybody
For years now I`v been getting electric shocks from things like shopping trolleys , shop freezers even escalators . I was up the town today with my Daughter Gaynor and my granddaughters I lent a scooter to go around the shops . We got into the lift and Gaynor brushed up against me and we both got a shock . Teigan wanted to hold my hand and we got a shock to . How strange is that . I was wondering if it ever happened to anybody else . Take care .
Margaret xx

HI Marg

I get this all the time , its due to static build up in the body, and ouch doesnt it catch u out lol...........I find its worse when I have washed me hair. have no idea as to why . in the words of mulder and scully - we are not alone xx

This used to happen to me and my other hald when he had his older Vauxhall Astra. We used to kiss and sparks would fly....strangely pleasant...LOL :D

It happens to me as well. I dread touching things because of it.

I used to get them off the car much to the delight of my daughter and hubby, now Ive stopped getting them. But he has started :rotflmao: you dont know how much pleasure I get from laughing at him, they should bottle it cos its a tonic !

BTW Margaret your grandaughter has a lovely name ;) my daughter is called Tegan :D

i sometimes get this, as you rightly say it's a build up of static, and when you touch something or someone else you 'earth' yourself thro them or it....a decent pair of shoes will help, you need a sole to stop you building the charge up!!

It happens to me too. Car doors, shopping trollies, escalators.

Those who say it has stopped now, can you think of a reason why?

Irene xx

Hi
Yes i get them too usually in shopping centres everytime i touch my daughter Katie she lets out the over exaggerated teenage scream ha ha just to make sure everyone looks! shopping trollies also have the same effect. Irene can i just say what gorgeous grandsons and only 13 days apart how good is that xx

I used to have that problem big time, but not had it so much since I reached menopause age.
Julie is right it is static build up.
It became a standing joke when I was at work for no one to want to touch me as we would get a shock.........lol
I used to say it was because I was hot stuff..............lol!!!!!!!!!!
so you are not alone

Jay xx

Hi
Yes i get them too usually in shopping centres everytime i touch my daughter Katie she lets out the over exaggerated teenage scream ha ha just to make sure everyone looks! shopping trollies also have the same effect. Irene can i just say what gorgeous grandsons and only 13 days apart how good is that xx
I said the f word because the shock and Teigan said your not aloud to say that Nana . I said I know luv I`m sorry it just popped out . x x

i have always been electric lol i had to remove a nipple piercing because i kept zapping myself i zap the cats alot as well poor things i think some poeple are just more prone to it

Back