• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Odd broadband problem

Starlight

I know its not forum connected but its a wee techy thing.

My parents are having a bit of an odd broadband problem.

Their broadband wont connect unless the phone is in use. When ever someone is on a phone call the connection works absolutely fine as soon as we disconnect the phone call the broadband cuts off and wont connect until another phone call is made.

Any suggestions?? Probably something dead simple but since Im hopeless at techy things Im stumped.

Yes, one in the main socket and one in the extn the BB is run off. I even went and spent £14 on a new one incase one was faulty :(

Nope. Took me about a year to talk them into getting Freeview ;)

LOL :D

It's certainly odd....was asking about sky as know that can use a phone connection and could have been one source for interference.

Do you have the same type of router / modem as your mum and dad?
Just wondering if you could test the hardware by taking yours to their house to try?

xx

Yes, one in the main socket and one in the extn the BB is run off. I even went and spent £14 on a new one incase one was faulty :(

I dont know what would cause it.

The filters are ment to separate the frequency ranges (one for voice and the other for internet).

It is unusual that it only works when the telephone is off the hook?

I would suggest calling the provider and telling them that it ONLY works while the telephone is in use.

Pierce

Ill get back onto them today, I was trying to avoid phoning that damn Indian call centre lol

Ill get back onto them today, I was trying to avoid phoning that damn Indian call centre lol

I once had to phone a call centre about my broadband, I swear I was nearly crying by the time I finally got off the phone as they had a script to read, it didn't fit my problem and they kept starting over!
You don't want to be rude to anybody, but you find yourself sighing and your answers getting shorter and shorter until you're ready to scream :D

Hope you get it sorted :)

Back