• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Odd Cravings

Kazzer75

Before I had my sleeve op I was totally a savoury type of gal. Crisps, crackers, cheese, salty popcorn, hummous, olives, cheese and everything else.

I always chose savoury over sweet and very, very rarely ate chocolate.

Since my op all I have been craving is sweet stuff. Cake, ice cream, cake frosting, wine gums, caramel popcorn, golden syrup, jelly sweets, cake, Eton mess, pavlova, cake, chocolate, etc.

Why am I craving all of these sweets things for some reason?? Anyone else experiencing the sweety attack? Or has anyone else had their usual cravings or weak spots swap over to the other spectrum?

havent got a bun in the oven have you? :eek:

Im not sure why you're craving these things - many people say their tastes change post op. I think a little treat every now and again wont hurt (just dont make it a regular thing!). This surgery is about helping us to have a balanced diet and i know youre really good with your normal diet.

My tastes have remained the same, i just make better choices because i know ive got to get my protein in!

Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you!

x

I'm not giving into all of the cravings, I am able to control it mostly. I just find it strange that things that I never thought about before are now some of the things that I first think about.

I seem to always want something with sugar.

And no, no bun in the over...yet.

I went off chip shop rubbish post op. Couldnt stand the smell or taste or so i thought, however at the seaside Sunday i had 5 of my hubbies chips they tasted heavenly. I promptly walked away and started to remember the horrid smell i normally smell from chippys to remind my subconscious i dont like them. For a good 23 yrs i worked in a chippy and never lost my love for them, i dont want to regain it xx

oh bizzare but I am totally with you on this one !!! Before my op I would eat anything and everything, now I don't eat anything 'junk' wise it just doesn't appeal to me although a week after my op I had a craving for buscuits which I found rather bizzare as it was the one food I could take or leave before the op lol.

Now I am all about frest fruit and veg esp. grilled veg omg I could live off the stuff - strange thing is my sense of taste is so strong now so if food is slightly over or under cooked I can taste it instantly. My hubby said I am a bit of a food snob now but I look at it this way I eat such a small amount of food I want to make sure it tastes good and strawberries are just soooo yummy now

Good luck to all of you x x

the only thing ive gone off is black tea i used to love it cant stand the smell or taste anymore x

I'm even finding myself wanting sugar in my coffee...something I would never have drunk before.

Back