• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG!! & help pls. xx

ditzeeblonde

Just had a phone to call to say that my funding has been approved... I'm in shock that's happened so quickly!!

GP says I have to choose where to be reffered too... Chichester is my closest but the waiting list is closed apparently so I have a choice of somewhere in London or Ashford.

Can anyone offer any advice or information about any hospitals??

Many thanks!!

A very excited Linzi. xx

Ohhhh wow congratulations!!!!!!!!! What a fantastic GP you have :bliss:. Well done you.

I can't give any advice on the hospitals but I'm sure you'll get some good advice soon. I'm so pleased for you honey x

Congrats, i am at the Whttington but Charring X has a good reputation and with them it seems to be a much shorter wait for surgery than other london Hospitals xx

Thanks guys... its all very cool!

Just been having a look round on the net & you can't really gleem much info from there. Phoned up Chichester (thanks Lyn) & they said unless my GP has been told not to refer me there they are still taking referals... I'm guessing that the waiting times will be much longer there?

Quite like the look of St Peters in Chertsey... & its only an hour away according to Multi map.

I can't think straight!! :D

Hi there, I had my op done at Ashford, they only do banding there.

The actual op will be at Ashford and the consults at St Peters.

The surgeon who did my op has retired but the new consultant is very very good too.

Hi there, I had my op done at Ashford, they only do banding there.

The actual op will be at Ashford and the consults at St Peters.

The surgeon who did my op has retired but the new consultant is very very good too.

Only banding... cool thank you for that. Still not sure what surgery I'd like... guess I'm hoping a surgeon will guide me to the right one.

Thank you. x

Congratulations hun, your on your way now to that losers bench.
Sorry can't help with the hospitals i am at the Luton & Dunstable.

Thanks guys.... had an interesting call with Spire Tunbridge Wells... if the PCT will authorise it they'd be happy to do my surgery there.

Think I've just opened up a mindfield by trying to look!

Am wondering if to try for Chichester & just wait it out if I'm allowed too??

Still excited & now confused Linzi. xx

Hi Lyn

I am swayed to Ashford & St Peters but was worried that they just do the band... its good to know that they will also advise you if they think the bypass is your best choice.

Many thanks for the info. x

I'd find out which hospitals you have a choice of and then ring and ask approximately how long the waiting list for surgery is and who there surgeons are...

Knowing you are diabetic i'm thinking consultants will hedge towards bypass - after all they give funding to cut down on the amount of money our health will cost the nhs in the future (so i believe).

Good luck anyway DB xx

Hi Linzi,

I'm so happy to read your news. Congratulations hun.

Personally, unless the wait is going to be horrendous I would go to Chichester as they are probably the leading centre for bariatrics in the UK. However, it depends how you are coping day to day with your weight. If you are struggling then may be better to go to a London hospital if the waiting time is going to be considerably shorter.

Good luck with making your decision x

Back