• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG weight loss zilch in 2.5 weeks

Gail-michelle

likes to post
I know this certain thread is taboo! and becomes boring BUT!! ime fed up now with it all:break_diet:Ive upped my protein, I drink the adequate fluids Ive even started the gym :eek: this week but again to no avail. My monthly have even gone AWOL and packed there bags and gone. Whats happening to me could it be the fact that my hormones are all to cock or what? should I be going to my G.P for hormone replacements having had no periods could it be that perhaps?? Ime totaly Pi**ed off at the mo:confused: Gail.x

hi gail i know how frustraiting it is but are you loosing inches.
As i said the other night it may be worth a visit to the GP to check out your hormone levelsin the absents of your monthly friend. But put it in perspective in the 16weeks since your surgery you have lost an average of 3.7lbs a week which in anyones book is pretty good going.
Keep yr chin up carry on doing what yr doing and it will come off give yr body time to catch up.
take care
carole

Hi i know how you feel, one week i have only lost a pound it is heartbreaking, but as an average it is about 3-4 pounds a week. I expected to wake the next morning having lost 5 stone!!!! never mind keep plodding on
Jan x

Gail i agree with Carole - you will have weight plateau's along the way i have had several since my surgery but i don't worry about it because i know it's just my body's way of catching up with itself and the new life it has now.

Just do what your doing - eating a good mixed diet (mine isn't good as there are lots of foods i just can't stand now) but keep on and the weight will come off again you are doing really well and have had really good weight loss to date.

Sending hugs and fairy dust to help you through this plateau xx

Hiya Gail,

I spoke to Kath Rothwell about this on Monday and she said its really commen in women to have stops like this and it is usually hormone related. She said to hide the scales for 2 weeks and then see whats happened. Easier said than done though!!! I've nearly gone 3 weeks without losing anything and I'm following the plan to the letter!! I think I might go crackers if something doesnt happen soon!

Xx

Hiya,

My usual pattern is to stay the same for a few weeks, then it seems to get started again. It does get you down mind doesn't it? Keep on with the protein, exercise and water, its got to shift at some point then.

good answer there from wildthing, i need the same advice atm lol

Gail get to the docs and get your hormones checked, it will put your mind at rest either way, and don't worry as you've lost loads up to now:D:D

sending hugs to you Gail...cant suggest anything other than what you already know and what as been suggested.

Have to say though, I think Im just going to avoid the scales like the plague and weigh once in a blue moon.

Xx

Thank -You! peeps for replying I was having one of my tantrum moments this morning. Hubby wont allow me to serve customers any-more in case I rip there heads off LOL. Anyway here goes with the Inches like caz says now dont laugh at my 1st Inch Loss ; Head -2", Waist-10", Hips-12", Calves-4", Boobies-11", Upper arm-5", Neck-5", Thighs-5", Wrist-2", Shoe size 3 or 4 (use to be a size 5) So in total a wapping 56" loss of the whole of my body so far. Ime being silly arnt I and should be grateful. Ime scared incase Ime on a time limit to how quick it comes off. Cause Ime sure that Ive read somewhere if you dont lose it within so many months youve missed the boat as they say. Ime a happy bunny again now though Thanks Guys for listening to my gripe!! Kind regards Gail.x P.S been to the gym every day this week for 1 x hour on the running & stepper machine 30mins on each.

Gail you are doing fantastically well, 56"s is an amazing loss! :D Well done with the exercising too, I started using my cross trainer whilst on the pre op and it doesn't half make you feel good hey?

Keep it up girl you're doing brilliantly.

Cuppa xx

Gail all that inch and weight loss and your Upset.............come on you know the drill lose some stop lose inches stop...........you have read it a hundred times with the others so stop worrying you are doing brill and will continue to it usually takes around eighteen months to two years before your body catches up so and slows right down from what I have read so dont worry you will get there

Jay xx

My, my Gail no wonder you are looking so good, those inches lost are amazing you, should be well proud of yourself!!!!

Good going lady and don't forget you could be putting on muscle with all that gym work which can make your weight stay the same but your inches keep on dropping. I say damn those scales, size/health/tone are much more important than how many pounds you weigh. The window of opportunity is the first 6-9 months when weight comes off at the fastest rate but you continue to lose for up to 2 years, you have loads and loads of time left. Also something to chew over, those who lose faster stop sooner so with your stops and stalls you may find you have a gradual weightloss for longer with more time to tone as you go! It is not a race after all, it is the journey to a healthy body which can take however long it needs to.

Enjoy the ride!!!!

Nic:p

Well done sweetie, you are doing so well. All that muscle you are building will be burning off the fat soon, even while you sleep.

John xx

Hiya Gail

Your doing so well upping your gym levels! Your fat will be turning to muscle as everyone says, but you also sometimes plateau....I know I was loosing nothing for 3-4 weeks, then loosing - like you I have averaged 3.7lbs a week so its utterly normal :D

Back