• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG! What happened to me lastnight??

kell

Hey all

Well I had my tea of smash and grated half fat cheese last night at around 8pm. All was fine.

I woke up at 4am feeling like I needed to get to the loo, which I did.

Once I sat down I got the 'really strong im gonna be sick feeling' and went freezing cold, started shaking. Next thing im sweating and feeling an even bigger urge to be sick! I eventually went to the loo (was like the runs) but still felt soooo ill.

At one point I thought to myself '' Im actually gonna die on the toilet!''

It was horrible and im still thinking about it now, it really shook me up!

What the hell is wrong with me?

It crossed my mind about 'dumping' but surely 8 hours after eating this cant be possible, can it?

Has anyone else had this horrible feeling and know what it is?

Thanks guys x

im not a bypasser but it sounds like you were dumping, im sure someone will be along soon that can explain from there experiences x

It sounds like dumping to me hun, not that I have experienced it yet:(Are you ok now?:confused:

Im ok now just feel a bit shaky, dont feel anything like I did lastnight but its really shook me up! Im scared to eat or drink anything at the mo incase it happens again :(

Its happened to me a couple of times - totally no reason for it and then went away - think its just a blip. Would only be dumping if you had eaten something to cause you to dump - I do understand that you can dump 8 hours post eating naughties!

sounds like dumping, fat content dumping is a lot later then sugar which can be a few hours after or instant. Low fat cheese is good, but was butter added to the mash ect this can bump up the content

Yup, sounds more like a fat reaction than dumping. Fat reactions tend to be more gastro-intestinal, so nausea and bowel problems (which can cause that horrid clammy feeling), and come on a lot later, sometimes the next day. Dumping tends to be more racing heart, dizziness, light headed and nausea.

I have fat reactions that sound like what you described and I haven't even had an op yet. It really is awful and you do feel like death.

Really sorry to hear about your experience, sounds to me like dumping but I've only ever had one from too much sugar and that was almost instant but ticked all the things you experienced. It is really horrible and I know what you mean, you never want it to happen again!

Gosh that sounds like an experience I had yesterday. I think its because I tasted a bit of squash drink I mixed with water for my family that was a bit sweet. The only difference is that my reaction was instant and also resulted in some unpleasentness on the toilet:sigh:. But strangely I felt OK afterwards. I guess this is definitely a learning experience!!

Back