• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

one for the ladies...

Stacey83

Hi ladies, I need some insight please!

So, I currently have my 3rd period in 4 weeks and it has totally wiped me out. I am exhausted. I knew that post op things might go a bit bonkers period wise but not to this extent!

I got a contraceptive implant in my arm prior to surgery and my periods were light and evenly spaced until this month...I'm now 3 month's post op.

Advise please...

I had bloods done this morning so if I'm low on iron I'll know shortly.

Stacey

No not really.

I have an implant in my arm as well and haven't had any periods post op ( was banded in December ) might just be your hormones etc are all a bit out of whack due to surgery and change in diet etcsybw try iron supplement whilst waiting for blood test results to see if that helps at all.

Hope it sorts itself out for you hun xx

Thanks! I spoke to bariatric nurse yesterday who told me to add liquid iron into my plan for a few weeks and that it's just my body adjusting. Just such a pain, I wish it had stopped rather than this!

Ye think I'm quite lucky that they have stopped completely would be quite happy if it stays like that.

Ye the iron will help you to feel better whilst your body sorts itself out and geys used to your new diet and lifestyle x

I've got a mirena coil in (due to endometrial issues), and my periods have been essentially non-existent for the past few months. Mostly just a smudge of brown on the loo roll.

I had my sleeve on Monday, and my body has been trying to start a normal period the past couple of days. It is driving me bonkers, hoping it passes quickly.

I think our bodies are just trying to figure out WTF is going on, and compensating by releasing those hormones.

Back