• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One month til I meet surgeon...

??? how exciting, how've you found it so far? I'm going for the bypass too, from what I've read it seems to have a better long term success with less re-gain and I think my eating habits are better suited to it

All the best for tomorrow! Please come back on & let me know how much you've lost xx

??? how exciting, how've you found it so far? I'm going for the bypass too, from what I've read it seems to have a better long term success with less re-gain and I think my eating habits are better suited to it

All the best for tomorrow! Please come back on & let me know how much you've lost xx
Hi the bypass was right for me because it has been around for a while and the long-term success rate is really good. Also because I am so frightened by dumping - it is keeping me to the plan. No more can I say that "I'll be good tomorrow". Had a good meeting with the Bariatric Nurse today - I'm doing really well and have lost 36lbs since starting my pre-op diet. Not a huge loss compared to other people, but my body doesn't give up it's fat easily. Compared with taking over a year to lose 2 stone two it is marvellous and I'm very, very, happy :) x

That's fantastic!!! Well done xxx

I know what your saying about dumping. Terrifies the life out of me ??
Thank you. I know from this forum that some members dump on 'good' things so I try new things at home - would be too, too embarrassing to do this at work or out somewhere. I have now started a diary on here to help keep me in check xx

A diary is a great idea, it's nice to look back and see how far you've come too as well as using it to keep you on the right track. How long were off work?

Hi Linsey - I took a month off - two weeks was leave - but as this is the summer holidays and the students are not back yet, this was not an problem - I have also been lucky that I have been working at home for two weeks I go into work tomorrow xx

Hi everyone I've got a new one to add that I'm more aware of recently it's not being suffocated by my chest when sleeping!

Hi everyone I've got a new one to add that I'm more aware of recently it's not being suffocated by my chest when sleeping!
Oh... That sounds great - look forward to that one xx

I spoke to the Snr nurse today and she's said that after my next appt, my surgery is only 4-6 weeks away. Eeeeeekk now I'm so determined!

Well all the wise words and encouragement is paying off! Weighed in this morn & I've lost 6lb!! Whoop whoop!!! Thank you thank you thank you everyone xxxx

Thanks mrs z, & well done on your 7!! Your date is so near now, are you excited? Have u packed yet?

I'm packing this week. Tried leaving it as late as possible so I have something to concentrate on in the last few days. I know that's daft but it's working for me.

9lb off on my pre-op diet as of this morning so I'm pleased with that. Brings it to 3 stone 2lb since being referred. Can't wait to see that number dropping. My knees and my back are praying for it to be soon too.

A little update from me, 2 weeks to go til I see surgeon again and so far I think I'm on track. I'm so excited about it all wish I could hurry timr up!

Back