• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op on Tuesday what should i be doing

louisaL

looking to make a change!
I have a last minute to do list and need to wrap up a few things for my business and have emailed clients advising my response to emails will be delayed for a few days.
I have a few things lined up at the weekend so will be busy and then Monday I've left free to get the extra last minute things done like shopping for post op, getting change for hosp parking etc

My bag will consist of:
4 pairs of knickers
2 pj's and a nightie
Dressing gown
Slippers
Tshirt and joggers to go home in
Non underwire bra
Comb
Toothbrush/paste
Deodorant
Moisturiser
Shower gel/shampoo/conditioner
Hand soap
Purse
Phone/charger

If there is anything anyone knows I'm missing or if I should be doing something please let me know x

Don't bother with pjs, just have a nightie. And a pillow is a must for your journey home. Oh and dry mouth spray.

Disagree with Nik there, as I was much happier in pj's. Also wouldn't take deodorant as with your incisions you won't want to spray anything. Also I wasn't allowed to shower, only wash so I took baby wipes for my whiffy areas and a soft natural sponge for the rest with some shower gel. Dry shampoo may be an idea, but I had to use curl creme and hope for the best. Have a look at my hospital bag thread for what I used.

Agree with yves about pj's, they're going to want to look at your wounds and it's much easier and less embarrassing to just lift a pj top

Didn't need a bra either but there again I'm not that well endowed

Neither am I, but glad I had one as otherwise my boobs would have rubbed against one of my wounds lol.

Lol yvessa

Well my sis has given me some tresemme dry shampoo, I've bought roll on deodorant and 2 sport type bras. I just need to pack a sponge or flannel for my wash.

I got home from hospital today, I had open surgery (so a scar down my middle)...I found baggy PJs fine to wear and gave me more 'coverage' once I could get out of bed.
Also agree with taking dry mouth spray, baby wipes & a lip balm & tissues.

Good luck

Jo x

Back