• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was cancelled due to racing heart lol

judybrowneyes

Hi all lol where do i begin ... well i got as far as the operating table you know that wondrous star shaped table we all aspire to lay on well i had hope to lie oin it for about 3 hours but lasted 5 mins or so as soon as they put heart monitor on my heart did a little dance for them grrrr so told understandably no op to day honey so up to the ward many heart monitors, ecg's blood tests threat of electric shock treatment my heart goes back to normal with a little help from a beta blocker and now my op will be 13th May thank god not a friday lol lets hope no more dress rehearsals lol

Sorry that your op was cancelled but better to be safe than sorry 13th may will soon be here

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time. You seem really calm about it which is brilliant. Hope everything goes to plan next time -do you have to do pre-op diet again?

thanks for the supporting words Jenni and Tina yes i do have to stay on the liver shrinking... which is ok just want to get it done this time i am finishing work on saturday as was a bit like a whirling dervish before the 23rd so learnt my lesson i am not superwoman after all ...hard lesson

Gosh Judy that's tough. Getting all physically and mentally prepared, getting as far as lying on the table, and then having it cancelled... wow. I'm glad you have another date set, and as someone else said, it's much better to be safe.

yes it was quite a blow but very philosophical about it best to be safe and for some reason it was not my time but hopeful for the 13th yeiii thanks for supportive words Alice and Gaynor

Hi there

best to be on safe side - speedy recovery and plain sailing op xx

hi all lol where do i begin ... Well i got as far as the operating table you know that wondrous star shaped table we all aspire to lay on well i had hope to lie oin it for about 3 hours but lasted 5 mins or so as soon as they put heart monitor on my heart did a little dance for them grrrr so told understandably no op to day honey so up to the ward many heart monitors, ecg's blood tests threat of electric shock treatment my heart goes back to normal with a little help from a beta blocker and now my op will be 13th may thank god not a friday lol lets hope no more dress rehearsals lol

awww what a shame to get all that way and the process not get completed. On the bright side the 13th is not far away, and you know they will monitor you closely

oh gosh, that must have come as a shock. Still, as the others have said, better safe than sorry and your new date will be here before you know it.

At least you know what to expect now so I'm sure you will be calmer next time.

Dont know what to say other than bloosy hell.
Well at least you know what to expect for next time but the night before have a word with your heart xx

awww Hun im so sorry to hear that ...but thankfully its only couple weeks away again.. but what a carry on getting all ready for that and nothing !!

did they say what it was that your heart was doing ??

but atleast they didnt get in and something was wrong. best to be safe than sorry and to know ur 100% before the op.

thankfully they know about mine. i have a bijiminy or something lol but they checked with heart Dr and anesthetic guy and they both approved me for surgery ..

9 days left till mine .. so ur in a few days after me Hun.

will be thinking about you xxx

Sorry to hear you were cancelled so late in the day but better to be safe then sorry and its not too long to wait...time will fly by..xx

hi Brett well they said it was atrial fibrillation so they given me a beta blocker and it is exhausting me no energy to get worked up before lol so you are in a few days before so what date ?? not sure how long they keep you in so by the time i go up on the ward you will be out no doubt good luck Brett hope all goes well xx

awww Hun im so sorry to hear that ...but thankfully its only couple weeks away again.. but what a carry on getting all ready for that and nothing !!

did they say what it was that your heart was doing ??

but atleast they didnt get in and something was wrong. best to be safe than sorry and to know ur 100% before the op.

thankfully they know about mine. i have a bijiminy or something lol but they checked with heart Dr and anesthetic guy and they both approved me for surgery ..

9 days left till mine .. so ur in a few days after me Hun.

will be thinking about you xxx

thanks everyone for all your encouraging words i am going to have a few chill out days before the operation and just go with the flow on the day...good luck to everyone who is having there op soon take my advice make sure you are well rested before the op i tried to do too much before the op had a few mad days of rushing around day and evening so ...paid the price grrr still 13 just around the corner

I'm so sorry Judy, I know how it feels but at least your getting done very soon...good luck with it x

Aww sorry you had your Op cancelled, but at least you will be in tip top condition for the 13th.
Mine got cancelled last week because I had an infection, so here is to second time lucky eh??

Best of luck xx

im in a week tomorrow hun .. 8th may so will prob be gone before ur back ... are u getting urs on 13th or going in on 13th ? thats a wed never relised they did surgey on weds ... only thurs and frid xx

Back