• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overweight at last!

slaz

For the first time in 30 years I am no longer obese! Tuesday is my weigh in day and the scales showed 14st 9lb which gives me a BMI of 29.8. I had hoped to be here a few weeks ago but discovered that I am an inch shorter than I used to be!
Last Christmas I went over 21st for the first time having ranged from 16 st to over 20 st for many years. This provided the catalyst to get off my fat backside and do something about it.
I started pre op diet 29th January with a view to be banded in February but due to a skin problem surgery was delayed until mid March but I stayed on the diet throughout not wanting to slip back.
I've now had three fills to take it to 7.5 in a 11 band and although I still have no restriction, I am happily losing one to two pounds a week with willpower and the support of my wife who has lost over 4 stone in the same time without any surgery.
I am not rushing for another fill yet but will probably have another one in October, last one was mid August. As long as I can keep losing a little each week I am happy.
Although I have no restriction it is the presence of the band and the support of the members of this forum that keeps me on the straight and narrow, I know from over 40 years of failed diets that I couldn't have achieved this loss on my own. Have just realised that I haven't yet got under BMI OF 30, used a wrong table! So forget everything above until a couple of weeks time!

Last edited:
Isn't that the most wonderful feeling :)

Congratulations - hitting these milestones are such an achievement.

Although I have no restriction it is the presence of the band and the support of the members of this forum that keeps me on the straight and narrow,

Oh my goodness how I relate to this - the ongoing quest for restriction lol although looking at your stats, you haven't got far to go to goal . . .fantastic :D

Isn't that amazing. Well done

After a hiccup in the last calculation I have today made it to overweight! Scales show 14 st 6.5 lb , It's not my usual weigh in day but at 5'9" it makes my BMI 29.9 so that makes it a red letter day.

woooohooooo that is a FAB red letter day! Congratulations Slaz!!!

Back