• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in the butt been to docs

Just have to take each day as it comes if it gets too bad i just lie down its ok todo at home but cant do that at work so stay on me feet at work when its painful.Hope your eases off soon xx

The ibuprofen gel isn't helping at all today :(

Think I am going to have to go back to the Drs...

Well just got back from the Dr

He thinks its Coccydynia, and has booked me in for a physio session.

Hi

I suspect what actually It is, its because the small bone sections that make up the coccyx have fused together.

In a normal size person the coccyx constantly moves and is able to move out of the way when you sit down, with the overweight the rear end is very padded so when you sit down the coccyx does not move so much or at all. What happens with all movable joints that are not used is that they fuse together so they can no longer move and when the weight is lost and you sit down you sit on the coccyx because it cannot now move.

I bet that's what's behind :) this problem.

Paul

Last edited:
Lol possibly.

Just would like some relief from the pain at the moment.

It's the worst it's ever been :(

Im with Paul less padding frees up our bony bits!It did get better after 6/9 months for me.Rarely hurts now,just hip pain if on my feet too long.

well just got back from the Physio... damn it wan't a girl ;)

been given an exercise to do, just got to lift me knees as far upto my chest as I can....

Hi had me check up on Wed this week the doc said it would jus go away in time wasn't bothered at all xsx

I was told by my GP to expect periods of often intense back pain when the weight starts to come off . Apparently, our spines adjust to carry the extra weightload and to accommodate a different way of walking, that we all do as we get bigger and bigger. After losing weight, our spines have to adjust back again as there isn't as much pressure/weight on it. The problem is, most of us have put the weight on over a number of years, so our spines had more time to adjust. When we lose the weight after WLS, it is generally too quick for the spine to keep up when it needs to adjust to our new weight and our new way of walking, etc.

Last edited:
Coccyx is horrid and something I never anticipated! It's my one hated side effect from
Losing my excess following my band

I agree it is not very nice. but never heard that before bout the spine. xx good explanation xx

I would say don't waste your money on the memory foam seat pads designed to ease it! Useless! I drive as part of my job and it really grates after 30mins or so if being on the road. Wonder if coccyx Botox is an option? :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back