• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panic Attack!!!!

farzu

I am having panic attacks from last 2 weeks and few times a day. my blood pressure goes to 158/125 and pulse 120 everytime i checked. vomited few times in past few days after eating. don't know what is causing it yet. Went to the walkin center last night around 12am and the doctor said its because i am too much stressed and depressed. Anyone experienced the same?

Sweetheart, please try and find a way to relax and unwind... even if it's an hour in the bath away from the world... it's not unusual and is no surprise with the pressures you have felt of late... keep an eye on your blood pressure, but make an appointment with your GP if you feel no better. I do hope you can get to relax and unwind. Hoping you will be feeling much better very soon xxx

I only ever experienced a panic attack once, and it was very frightening.

I'm so sorry you're going through this lovey. Is this to do with being stressed about the up-coming surgery, do you think?

Maybe if you could talk things through a bit more on here? Share some of your worries and concerns with people who get it?

and like Bev says, do some nice relaxing stuf too. my favourite way of relaxing is a warm sweet smelling bath, candles and music playing. Even a small glass of wine if you drink?

and then cuddle up in your pj's before getting into lovely clean sheets.......

oooooooooooo heaven!

Sending lots of hugs your way. xxxx

Farzu, the candles in the bathroom are so relaxing... plus lavender... especially by your bed... and sip herbal tea...

The mind can get to our bodies, so you have to learn to relax the mind... relaxation music, yoga, a really good chat with a friend can help...

Love and thinking of you Angel xxx

This is where friends and family come into play, Talk to them and tell them how you feel. If not we are all here to help and support in any way we can. I would talk to your GP about the blood pressure and how you feel generally, I'm sure he/she could help.
Hope you feel better soon
B

Hi Farzu, hope they are not proper panic attacks as I would not wish them on my worst enemy!
A number of years ago, I was taken ill in a local DIY and I thought I was having a heart attack. The ambulance was called & I was whisked off to Sld hospital. After ECG tests, etc., they told me I had had a panic attack. Not knowing much about them and glad my heart was ok, I left it at that.
Over the next three years, I had approx 3 attacks every day without fail!! It was changing my whole life for the worst. I was actually running out of cinemas, restaurants, etc., in fear of choking or having a heart attack. I even tried getting out of a car passenger door at 30mph because I thought I was dying! It was also affecting Bev & the kids because they did not know what was going to happen next! The doctor prescribed Inderal tablets (ACE prohibitors) which calmed me down nicely but hardly slowed the amount of attacks.
I also went to M.I.N.D sessions with people who had similar fears, 6 weeks with a psycologist, still no good!
Eventually I was sent to Sld Old Royal Infirmary to see the Head Physio!! She told me exactly the problem and helped me stop the attacks.
The problem was a form of stress, 3 weeks before the first attack I had lost my job through Osteo Arthritis after 20yrs continious work. This she believed was the cause and that she had numerous people in similar positions who she had diagnosed!
The answer was deep breathing exercises and learning to control my breathing when I felt an attack coming on. It took a few months but it gradually reduced the attacks to nil.
Even now, 20yrs later, I still get the occasional 'feeling', but I put the breathing into practice and it goes.
One thing that still does seem to trigger these 'feelings' is the lights in big stores like B & Q, Asda, etc.
This evidently relates to when I had the very first attack and my brain reacts to this 'trigger'.
Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but just trying to explain a likely cause & method of dealing with the attacks.
Do try deep breathing exercises, it did obviously work for me.
Best of luck - Paul xx

thank you everyone for your support. I was also told yesterday that this causes by stress. the Doctor spoke to me for like 1 hour and found out all my medical history. He said because i was dischanged form the fertility clinic without any treatment after 2 and half years, there was no progress for weightloss or surgery, everyone around me getting pregnant or had babies recently and i have been married for almost 8 years....these thoughts are causing me this problem. i am trying my best to not think about all these but the circumstation doesn't help me at all. i don't have any family here in UK and all i have is my husband's collegue's wifes but most of them are also pregnant or have 2/3 kids. few days ago as i told you in other thread that i brokedown crying for more than 1 hour for the situation i was in and couldn't take it any more.
If i have the same situation till weekend then i have to go to the hospital and get admitted as the GP said.

Farzu, your mind is on overload with the fertility issues and worrying about your surgery in Praque etc. Dont look at the negatives think what you have achieved!! as every1 says go to your GP and mybe ask for help with learning the breathing exercises. You can always talk to us, im not in another country like you but have moved to an area where i dont know anyone at all and it can feel isolating.
thinking of you
jayne xx

Back