• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT info for Isle of Wight, Dorset, South Wiltshire, and Western Sussex

size102b

Hi I have emailed The Isle Of Wight PCT for Gastric Surgery Criteria and they replied today 8/6/09 as all I could find was old details........

So its 60> BMI & 45> bmi with serious co-morbidities.

Population covered and demand for service
The population covered includes all patients registered with general practices in Hampshire, the
Isle of Wight, Dorset, South Wiltshire, and Western Sussex.
Based on the level of bariatric activity which has been commissioned over the last 12 months
across the Central South Coast area, an indicative demand for this service would be 75
procedures per annum.
The Authority reserves the right to award a contract to more than one provider.

Case definition
Morbid obesity is defined as a BMI (body mass index) of 40 kg/m

2 or more, or of 35 kg/m2 or
more in the presence of significant co-morbidities. Because the number of individuals in the
Central South Coast with a BMI of 40 kg/m

2 or more is in the region of 29,000 priority will be
given to those with greatest need. The threshold BMI for surgery is therefore:

45 kg/m2 in the presence of serious co-morbidity which will be improved by bariatric
surgery

60 kg/m2 in the absence of serious co-morbidity

Inclusion criteria for bariatric surgery
Bariatric surgery for weight reduction is commissioned only when the following criteria are

hi we live in hampshire and its 60 bmi with nothing else my hubby wanted bypass he has bmiof 50 but has been turned down for funding so he joined slimming world. Good luck with your journey.

julie x

I went to st richards hospital in chichester . nhs . my BMI is 43 I first saw my gp in Febuary. I had no trouble with Funding. they did not even contact me. I am with western sussex.:)

Hello angelp
OH really,the PCT for the above areas says no bmi under 60 or 45 with illnesses?Have you any qualifying illness?
Maybe I should just go to my gp tomorrow anyway and ask? Did you go to your GP?xx

Back