• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

peanut butter?

rybens

yorkie puddin!
I keep seeing peanut butter on menus and also drinking chocolate , now iv never seen these with low enough sugar or fat in them. I go by the % per 100g of everything do people sometimes go by serving if its in small amounts? i could be missing out on loads lol every sweet thing iv looked at in ww range is way too much on the % per 100g rule am i missing somthing? x

I buy the one from Asda, its their organic one and it is low sugar. Tastes great, superb protein, its a good fat and high in fibre, love the stuff.

I also look at the per 100g and I don't eat anything over 5g of sugar per 100g unless its realllllly high in protein :) x

i have a reduced fat one from tescos! x

Looking at low sugar products is more important than low fat. With peanut butter, it is a 'good' fat so you can have a bit more fat than you would normally allow with other foods. Most organic ranges (all the markets seem to carry them now Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys) have low enough sugar to be bypass friendly.

As for drinking chocolates there are two things to point out when looking at the sugar content, first is that they have milk powder so they have a higher level of sugar which is lactose and okay for a bypasser, second the serving is a concentrate so 100g of it would make 4-5 full servings, so in this case you need to go by the per serving sugar content not the per 100g. So once you put that into perspective drinks like Options are fine for a bypasser.

Hope that helps,
Nic;)

thanks for tha nic i was looking at low fat content as well in peanut butter now i know to look for low sugar and not worry too much about the fat content in it as it is good fat....i confuse myself sometimes but i know what you mean ha ha xxx

the tescos one is low fat and sugar :) i dump REALLY bad with sweet anything but thats ok 4 me :) xx

Hi Hannah I recommend the Whole Earth one too, it's lovely!

Cuppa xx

Yeah I got it from either Sainsbugs or Waitrose xx

and tescos have it.

i dont see the low fat one in tescos here, stupid backwards inverness *walks off grumbling*

.x.

i like the asda cashew nut butter although i also make my own mixed nut butter in my coffee grinder. literrally just throw a handful of mixed nuts in and away they go.
bugger cleaning it after though!!

Back