• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pensioner nearly drowns in bath

ladylite

Well girls I hate baths, only had one since the surgery. I fell over in the snow and have hurt my knee and cant take Ibuferen since the op so OH suggested I have a soak in a hot bath.

Well I got in, and woo-be-tied, I was actually covered with water ...... no bits showing, totally submerged. You never know I might get a liking for baths now.

You cant imagine how I felt :rolleyes::rolleyes: another plus for WLS.

Sorry to hear about your fall Mary, hope you are ok... but how nice to get in the bath and the water remained in there... I have half a bath of water... and then me... that's all I can manage yet... but it's a great measure as to how much weight you have lost when you feel yourself submerged!

Love you and take good care Angel xxx

Yes you know the feeling,you pull the plug,wait for the bath to empty,stand up... then half a bath of water rushes past your bum!

Hope the hot soak helped your knee Mary and you are not in too much discomfort xxx

ps, you look far too glam to be a pensioner xxx

I honestly had a giggle about this (not your bad knee or fall) as I hated baths pre op due to what I like to call the dam busters event, you know the point you lower yourself in and its like the parting of the red sea to the front and back of you. I swear I have been suctioned to the bath before with no water on my middle just on my legs and back. Am going to have a bath tonight to see if I too can have water actually over my middle and not to have to turn on my side to get my tummy wet. (PS I do have a regular shower though LOL) !

Hope you feel better soon Xx

Sorry to hear you hurt your knee, I love having a bath but at my height my feet usually get left out cold. Also, the bones in my behind can make a long bath a bit uncomfy.

Cant beat a good soak though x

Oh Mary hope you are ok for Olympia - we had a fab day but its a lot of hassle with the to and fro from Earls Court with the lorries and taking all your tack, riding gear etc . . your knee NEEDS to be ok!

Laura jumped fab - had the very last fence down but only three clear rounds so felt quite happy that she did not let him down or visa versa. She is now 'ice road trucking' as she calls it back to Wales!!!

I now love baths and I loved your comments - I very nearly wrote almost the exact thing the other day. We have a quite thin bath as our bathroom is quite small and up until recently I hated baths as I really almost did not fit in at the hips!! But hey - I know get in AND the water stays in . . what is more I can actually get out without wondering if I may need the fire brigade to haul me out should my knees not work! I actually bend in the right places now! YAY

Good luck Monday xxxx

. . what is more I can actually get out without wondering if I may need the fire brigade to haul me out should my knees not work! I actually bend in the right places now! YAY

Good luck Monday xxxx

I wouldnt mind the fire brigade rescuing me from a bath - hmmmmm ;) x

Mary, I'm so sorry about your fall and your knee....but every cloud eh? It must feel great! I'm getting there too and have discovered a love for baths.
Congratulations. :D
Grace xxx

I honestly had a giggle about this (not your bad knee or fall) as I hated baths pre op due to what I like to call the dam busters event, you know the point you lower yourself in and its like the parting of the red sea to the front and back of you. I swear I have been suctioned to the bath before with no water on my middle just on my legs and back. Am going to have a bath tonight to see if I too can have water actually over my middle and not to have to turn on my side to get my tummy wet. (PS I do have a regular shower though LOL) !

Hope you feel better soon Xx

LOL I thought it was just me! It doesn't happen any more now though....cue for a song?....'islands in the stream, that is what we are.......' LOL :D
Grace xxxx

I had a bath the other day - first time for a long time and had the same experience ! How wonderful it is eh ?!

Hi everyone, it's great to read stories like this, I love a good bath but keep thinking I'm gonna have a Frank Spencer moment where the bath falls through the celling with me still in it x

I fell over in the snow and have hurt my knee and cant take Ibuferen since the op....

So sorry to hear you had a tumble Mary, how about trying Voltarol suppositories? They are a basically diclofenac, so the same as Ibuprofen from the NSAID group. I use them for my bad period pains & it's the only thing that helps...not terribly glamorous, but is better for us bypassers who should generally avoid oral NSAIDs.

I never knew you could get voltarol suppositories! I used to take diclofenac for my arthritis but Im not allowed it now . Would the gp prescribe these for me dya think? Its got to be worth asking I suppose :D XX

I never knew you could get voltarol suppositories! I used to take diclofenac for my arthritis but Im not allowed it now . Would the gp prescribe these for me dya think? Its got to be worth asking I suppose :D XX

It's definitely worth asking DC, I'm sure they would prescribe them for you. What have they prescribed you instead for the arthritis? I need to take NSAIDs quite regularly & while I haven't had any problems with using them with my stomach, I didn't want to create any either. I've tried co-codomol, co-dyrdramol & tramadol & they make me really ill & don't touch the pain anyway! xxx

Back