• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Philt is ok - just

I don't think the bear hug would be a good idea at the moment Jema, but your hearts in the right place :)

Bless ya Phil and get well really soon!

... and thanks for the detective work Caren!

Lynne
xxx

i have just emailed phil to make sure that it would be ok for me to visit him, he he doesnt get back to me by then...then i will give it a rest and take that as a hint that he isnt up for a visit... but i will come online tomorrow and let everyone know regardless xx

From what Phil wrote on fb last week I would say that the surgery was for the twisted bowel.

To the person who asked, renal is kidneys and, you can get kidney failure as a direct result of dehydration, it's one of the reasons dehydration is taken so seriously.

Hopefully Phil will be back on his feet again soon and enjoying his new life!

Tatiana

well i emailed Phil and i didnt have a response, i didnt think it was fair for me just to pop up and invade his space, without his permission, so i hope he has a speedy recovery, and i hope he gets back to his good ole self soon xxx

get well soon hun x

Further update from Phil via fb. He has had another battery of tests and will be started on PEG feeds but has to remain nil by mouth for the time being.

Sounds positive if slow but progress none the less,

Tatiana

Further update from Phil via fb. He has had another battery of tests and will be started on PEG feeds but has to remain nil by mouth for the time being.

Sounds positive if slow but progress none the less,

Tatiana

Thanks Tatiana :) x

Poor Phil, I hope he gets better very soon. When you email him please give him my love and very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

By the way, what is PEG feeds please? I am a real prune when it comes to abbreviations :)

hi josie, its a little tube inserted either through a small cut into your tummy or through your nose that goes into the stomach to ensure that the patient continues to receive the nutrients that they need through "liquid meals"..hope this helps x

PEG stands for percutaneous endoscopic gastroscopy....

percutaneous is a term for something being inserted via the skin

endoscopic is the instrument used

and gastroscopy means an opening in the stomach xxx

Most recent post was that he was up to 15mls feed per hour and that he is hoping to be home in another week's time. This was posted on Thursday afternoon.

Tatiana

Phil posted on fb today that they're keeping him in hospital longer than expected as they want to be sure he's recovering well. He's doing ok but very bored!

Tatiana

Phil posted on fb today that they're keeping him in hospital longer than expected as they want to be sure he's recovering well. He's doing ok but very bored!

Tatiana

oh bless him, as long as hes ok, thanks very much Tatania, much appreciated :) x

Back