• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLateau's after bypass??

everpositive

Hmmmmm, need some help guys!!

My weight loss seems to have come to a standstill. I got down 5 st a few weeks ago which was so wonderful. Since then I just seem to be the same, or going up 2lbs then back down again. I know that I couldnt continue losing it as rapidly as I did forever, but still thought it should be continuing to drop, as I havent increased my portions or changed the types of food I eat.

What I have considered if that in that time, apart from having increased energy and able to walk more easily and further, I havent done any 'formal exercise'. So, in some ways getting 5 st off in 3 months was great considering there was no exercise to assist it coming off. - COULD THIS BE IT?

Also, I do drink a fair bit of coffee and never any water. I read that plenty of water helps flush out the toxins. - COULD THIS BE IT?

Any ideas folks? :confused: :cry::(

Also hun, NO WATER:confused::confused::confused:??? That could really make you sick, as caffine is dehydrating it can't be your only fluid:eek:! Cellular dehydration can stall weight loss and cause organ failure - get yourself some water, in fact go right now, I'll wait....

Okay so do make sure at least half of your daily 2L of fluid is from a no calorie, no caffine source (water!).

Hope you break the stall soon.

Nic:p

PH is right, you need to drink loads of water, something i'm probably quilty of not doing myself too, i love coffee too, and live on the stuff at work. Read the thread she recomemeded, i wrote this at a time i was going through a plateau and it works, in fact i've beaten several plateau's now using this !
If you need any direct advice feel free to PM me directly.

Cheers PG and SS,

I kinda thought that the water thing was in play here, although recognise that plateau's will happen through this journey. I am a bugger for jumping on the scales every day!!!

Thanks very much anyway xx

Hi E.P., hope that you get your water intake etc sorted - 5 stones is an awful lot of weight to lose in 14 or so weeks. 70lbs!

Advice on scales: Smash with hammer, douse in lighter fluid, set on fire, throw into road!
I used to weigh myself constantly ( even b4 and after went to loo (how sad is that!). Now I just get weighed weekly at Weight Management Clinic.

Back