• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post bypass hair loss?

juney_p

has anyone experienced post bypass hair loss?
June

Yeah, big style!!!

I lost over half of my hair, but I had absolutely loads to begin with, so now my hair just looks normal, instead of a big bushy mane, lol.

xxx

Pooks have you any recommendations... supplements or shampoo's Angel.. Love and hugs xxx

I didn't take anything honey, because to be honest I was looking forward to losing some hair.

I have such thick hair usually, it's been such a lovely refreshing change to have normal hair for a while, lol

xxx

Ive heard it happens, I have very fine hair as it is so its a worry I have too (when I do have surgery). I asked my hairdresser and she said to try and keep up the B vitamins and foods high in beta carotene (sweet potato, carrots, cabbage etc) to reduce it, but it should grow back. :)

Awww Pooks what a tremendous attitude... keep sharing your sparkle Angel... it's refreshing to see.

Love and hugs precious xxx

I lost handfulls of hair and mine went so thin. Now it is growing back. I tried all sorts and nothing made a difference to me.It wasnt that noticeable to others appart from the fringe bit i just looked like I had a reseeding hair line lol

Jo
xx

I have lost tons of hair as well. I have fine hair but used to have lots of hair. I took every supplement that was recommended and still lost my hair. But honestly, I have lost over 8 stone and the hair will re-grow. Small price to pay for the new me.

I have lost tons of hair as well. I have fine hair but used to have lots of hair. I took every supplement that was recommended and still lost my hair. But honestly, I have lost over 8 stone and the hair will re-grow. Small price to pay for the new me.

I agree, took loads of supplements before & was back on them 2 weeks post-op, but I'm still losing & it's looking pretty dreadful at the minute, but hey ho...it'll grow back!

I too am losing my hair but I've loads so I'm not worried & like people have said its a small price to pay. My mates reckons even if I lost half of my hair I'd still be left with the same amount as a normal person! Ha, ha...

I didn't think I'd lose it so soon after surgery but I my diet is so bad at the moment due to my nausea, it doesn't surprise me.

i lost an awful lot and i had very thin hair to start. i ended up with a bit of a bald patch but just learnt to style my hair differently to hide it. I had it cut a bit shorter and layered to make it look thicker.
My consultant advised me to take extra zinc on top of my a-z multivitamin which has helped and its now startingto thicken up a bit. i'm not losing as much when i wash or brush it anymore. My consultant also recommends kelp supplement but i can't take it as i'm on thyroxine.
My fave product is a thickifier from the bedhead range called small talk. it really gives body and volume and smells like bubblegum too !

Back