• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss - which surgery?

Hi don't know about sleeve but I did with bypass. Starting loosing hair at about 4 months post bypass and now 18 months down the line it's back to its previous thickness.

I was told hair loss happens with the bypass ,so far for me nearly 4 months post op ive not really noticed any great amount of lose but I am expecting it to happen so im prepared for it and hopefully wont be too upset when it does happen

Can happen with all ops as it is an effect of the weight loss.

I am three months post sleeve, and my hair has just started to thin a little. again was told it could happen anywhere from three to six months post surgery, am hoping it doesn't thin to much but then I had quite thick hair before

I've got a lot of hair loss with my sleeve. I'm 3 1/2 months post op. Previously, I did the full lighter life plan and also had bad hair loss then too.

I was advised to take zinc to help. I have no idea though whether it's reduced my symptoms at all.

Thank you bear! I also done lighter life before about 8 years ago and ended up cutting all my hair off! That's why now finally given the chance of surgery I wondered whether there was anything I could take to help if this happens again!

I'm 15 months post op sleeve my hair is just beginning to grow back. I did lose a lot. Plenty of protien will help ease this.

You get hair loss with any weight loss surgery.

I'm 6 months post op and my hair started falling rapidly at 4 months post op.

Here's some pics.

I feel lost without my hair.

image-4054700456.jpg

1 month post op

image-1198926324.jpg

4 months post op

image-2629789812.jpg

5 months post op

image-3641565313.jpg

6 months post op (cut it off) :'(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

This is one of the things that scares me about having WLS. I love my hair - its the only thing I like about my appearance and I've just got it back to length after a hairdresser cut it way too short a few years ago - I cried for days.
I've been mentally prepping myself that the end results of weight loss will be worth it and the hair will grow back........

Don't worry! Mine thinned a lot during first 6 months. I kept taking my vits, keep my protein intake high and now it's thicker and longer than ever :) x

I have mega thick hair and it's always come out in handfuls, tbh post surgery there wasn't a very big change, now if anything its coming out less than it ever did :)

Im in for my sleeve 2 weeks on Thursday ! (eeeeek!!) and hair loss is something im stressing about , i know it doesnt happen to everyone and some people get ot worse than others and i shoudlnt be so vein but omg my hair! :( :(

I just got hair extensions put back in!!

If I'm going bold, I'll do it with extensions!!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-2988210868.jpg
    image-2988210868.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 69
I just got hair extensions put back in!! If I'm going bold, I'll do it with extensions!! ;) Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You look amazing !!

I live for my bonds just now lol
Xxx

Thank you for asking this question, I am just 6 month out and this is freaking me out. I had a Sleeve, and my hair is coming out in handfuls.

I was going to ask, if anyone has gone bald.

Good luck with your surgery

Back