• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post gastric bypass

k8lly

Hello,
My name is kelly i am 24 i had my gastric bypass on 3rd july 09 at luton and dustable hospital.
I wwondered if there was anyone around the cambridge area who has had this surgery? i would love to hear from you.
I had my first b 12 injetection today, my main prob at mo is the hair loss! is anyone experiencing this?
would love to hear from you

kellyx

Hi Kelly

Congratulations on your op and welcome to the site. I have to say that I didnt have any hair loss - I put this down to taking Silica 2500mg - 1 x a day. Might slow it down for you and your pouch will be able to take the pill. It does grow back though!

Hi kelly I had my op done on 10th July at Maccelsfield, and am experiencing significant hair loss.There are lots of threads on here hun tho, so do a search and don't worry xxxx:D

Hi Kelly

I too am losing hair in handfuls but have just ordered the Silica 2500. I will let you know how that goes. Trust me to order it when there's a postal strike though! LOL

Lx

Hi Kelly, live a bit further south to you but having my op done by Mr Whitelaw and Mr Jain in 2 weeks time, were they your surgeons too?

Cuppa xx

Hi lots of people lose hair after a vlcd as i did with lighter life, usually around the 3 month mark.
There is an explanation thats very simple. have read it lots of time look on the threads for hair loss,it has been on lots of times.

It does grow back, so try not to stress about it ( easier said than done)
Mia

Hi Cuppacocoa, i had my surgery done by mr whitelaw! really liked him. where abouts are you from?

Welcome to the site Kelly, I had a diff opp from you, but this is something I'm really worried about. I did lose some hair whilst on the Lighter Life and wouldn't want this to happen again. Think I will try the silca in a couple of weeks.

Take Care
Jeanx

Hi Kelly

Welcome to Minis

Fraid I dont live in Cambridge, Im London, but hey dont hold that against me ;)

How are you coping since the op, apart from the dreaded hairloss? I am told around the 6 month mark it starts to regrow :)

Xxtake care

Hi there. I am awaiting my bypass which is next month. I live in a village just outside Peterborough.

Hiya Kelly and welcome to minimins glad to have you here. Ive not had my op yet but im having mine done at Luton also Mr Jain is doing mine. Hey Fash i live about an hour from peterborough nice to have someone in the same area as me:)

Sharon

Hello everyone im 4 weeks post op, new to all this, and i find this is very interesting, the comments etc. So hope you dont mind me, asking questions, etc. I started with 15 stone 7, the day before my op and now im 14 stone 2, hope this is acceptable. weight loss. Unfortunatly i have been in fashion, with a cold and chest infection. And i have had to have steriod etc. So i will be back to the excersise, and hopefully, it will come off.

Hi Noddy

Well done at your weightloss so far, you are doing well, especially if you have been put onto steroids

Good luck on your journey

Back