• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastrc bypass post opp

taf1700

hi everyone. I had my gastric bypass on the 3rd feb.

As i'm new to this i would appreciate any advice people can offer me. So far the only peoblem i have had is trapped wind, it drives me mad. Every time i eat or drink i get it.

It would be nice to hear from people who have had the same opp as myself as i dont know anyone who has had it.

thanx;)

Hi Taf and welcome to minis Im 6 weeks post op so still leaning myself. Did you have an open bypass?

this is a freindly site and some one will always try to answer any questions

I would say take it easy and get plenty of rest

Hi Taf,

Welcome to Mini's :) Wind after eating could mean that you're eating too fast. You should be taking bites the size of the rubber on top of a pencil, and chewing to liquid before swallowing. At your stage I found anything bigger or faster caused me trapped wind in my pouch.

You could try gripe water or deflatine to help ease it.

Shel

thanx for the warm welcome teen, i had keyhole surgery. i do try to rest but i have a 3 and 2 yr old so i do struggle lol. im on mussy food now i.e mash with gravy. do you have any suggestions for other fods i could have to make life a bit mor interesting. oh im vegetarian.

thanx

Hi and welcome to Minis, I am 14 weeks post op and thankfully never suffered from the wind problem....we are here to help so ask away..xx

Hi taf welcome to mini's and to the life of being a loser

Have you tried Dhal? you could make it thinner as required to help digestion or as thick as you are able to take

thanx for the warm welcome teen, i had keyhole surgery. i do try to rest but i have a 3 and 2 yr old so i do struggle lol. im on mussy food now i.e mash with gravy. do you have any suggestions for other fods i could have to make life a bit mor interesting. oh im vegetarian.

thanx

I aint a veggie but I do like quorn and I make a quorn chilli with quorn, tin toms kidney beans, onion and a pinch of chilli then blended it up. It was the only thing I could eat blended appart from soup

Hello Taff, yes I get trapped wind as well, have from day one, I try and belch but the wind just won't come up, it can hurt as well can't it?
Haven't tried these remedies yet but I will now I've read all the girls replies to you.
I'm going back to see my bariatric doctor at the hospital tomorrow I'll tell him about it and let you know what he says.
:confused:

thanx to you all for your replies. i've loved reading them they're really helpful and its so nice to hear from someone who has gone throught the same as me.

i love your goals tendersage they are very similar to the goals that i would like to achieve and thanx for the recipe teen i will give it a go but im not very good a cooking lol.

thanx again

taf i am half way there with goal 3 last two days i have walked up the hill without stopping, lol but am still out of breath... soon i hope

thanx to you all for your replies. i've loved reading them they're really helpful and its so nice to hear from someone who has gone throught the same as me.

i love your goals tendersage they are very similar to the goals that i would like to achieve and thanx for the recipe teen i will give it a go but im not very good a cooking lol.

thanx again

Lo I aint that good either just put it all in a pan and boil :8855:

:welcome: to minis, Taff.

I am pre-op but have been on here for a little while soaking up the experiences of the 'losers' as post-op people are affectionately called.

The eating tiny mouthfuls then chew-chew-chew seems to be the most common advice given.

All the very best!

Back