• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op instructions (?re complications)

LeighZ

Did anyone get a list of any sort of things to look out for after surgery? I was expecting to get some kind of guidelines to follow, things to look out for that might be signs of complications and/or thigns not to worry about, but didnt.

Had a couple of sharp pains on the left side of my abdomen yesterday, couple more this morning and a whole lot more this evening. Cant pin point if they were after eating or doing anything in particular coz didnt expect it to continue. Although i am 90% sure its nothing, its hurts like the dickens and want it to stop NOW...

ok they stopped..should have tried moaning before

How long is it since your op? Could it be wind/indigestion? X

Surgery was 29th, a little over a week.

Ive been assuming its wind but it doesnt feel like the same wind pain ive been having since the surgery. Only way i can describe this is very short sharp pains, a few seconds apart. Its stopped again now and this time lasted maybe 10 mins. Previously maybe only 2-3 mins at most. They are in an odd place ...under the incision sight 2nd from the left on the abdomen.

Left side is often constipation, or as mentioned wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i had my surgery on same date and i've had these pains too. i assume there nerves knitting together as similar to pains i had after my c section, nothing to worry about.

hth

Ahhh yes, that makes sense. Started to think about that when i realised they were directly under an incision. Feel better about it now guys. Thank you all for taking the time, greatly appreciated!

Back