• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POT NOODLE

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
i just fancied a pot noodle harmless you may think ! well think again the blooming calories in it omg :eek: i didnt think they was so fattening.
Chicken & mushroom flavour pot noodle has a whopping 377 calories :eek: fat 13.7g saturates 6.5g, im speachless to say the least ! :eek:

there are truely horrific!! when i was in the miliarty and on remedial for pt the pti told me you get absolutly NOTHING from a pot noodle.... not one bit of nutrition, shcoking really x

it always amazes me how high noodles (and rice) are in calories. I used to add them to stir fries but don't anymore. Its ok if you are an athlete as you use them up for energy but its a no no any other time. Mystifies me how the chinese stay so thin but then again they only use noodles and rice at the end of a meal if they need a final fill up.

It is not the noodles or pasta that is the problem, just the packets of crap they have inside. Toss these away and add a splash of chilli, Soy sauce, Fish sauce, whatever takes your fancy. Long as it is not that dreaded powder!

I still find them very high for what they are - just a single helping of noodles can add 150 calories to a stir fry - not as bad as the 377 in a pot noodle though. I'd rather have another piece of protein and carbs tend to give me a ravenous appetite an hour later.

when i was at weight watchers a few years ago, out of a total of 20 points that i was allowed a day, a pot noodle was 8 points, and like has already been said, there isnt an ounce of anything useful in them, just totally empty calories. dawny

just wanted to add about rice pasta ect being really fatening. My hubby is doing slimming world currently and the bulk of his food is pasta rice pots and he has lost 7.5 stone. Amazing i never lost eating those foods. maybe men are different.
xx

just wanted to add about rice pasta ect being really fatening. My hubby is doing slimming world currently and the bulk of his food is pasta rice pots and he has lost 7.5 stone. Amazing i never lost eating those foods. maybe men are different.
xx

I think those SW diets work because you don't combine proteins and carbs - apparently the body process these two in completely different ways so has to work harder when you mix the two (so I have read anyway).

xx

green days i love um.. i lost 5 stone the year before my op doin sw and green days worked for me :) x

Oh just joined slimming world to try and lose a bit while waiting for op date, lets hope i can shift a bit

I lost 9 1/2 stone with Slimming World, sadly I didnt keep it off! Same old story...but I found the plan worked well for me. Good Luck x

Back