• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Power Plates

purpleprincess29

Has anyone tried power plates and do they work? I have a muscle wasting disease so cardio workouts aren't ideal for me but I want to do something to help everything spring back a bit better after surgery and these sound hypothetically quite good and low impact. Or could be just a gimmick.

Just wondered what people's opinion of them are and if anyone has any experience of using them?

They sell them in argos:
Buy Bodi-Tek Elite Power Trainer. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

I have one and have had it for five years now i do 15 mins on it every day and also use one when i get to the gym which is higher powered than mine.
i think once my lsoose skin is gone my muscle tone will be quite good and firmly believe that the power plate has helped with that.
My sister has HSP and she also uses it and again her balance and strength for a time after is always better. but with any fitness regime its important to check out with a medically qualified person as to wether it would be suitable for you.
You dont feel as though yr doing anything but believe me you know the day after. also there are certain conditions that it shouldnt be used with.
HTH
carole

Oooh Sounds Good

I have one and have had it for five years now i do 15 mins on it every day and also use one when i get to the gym which is higher powered than mine.
i think once my lsoose skin is gone my muscle tone will be quite good and firmly believe that the power plate has helped with that.
My sister has HSP and she also uses it and again her balance and strength for a time after is always better. but with any fitness regime its important to check out with a medically qualified person as to wether it would be suitable for you.
You dont feel as though yr doing anything but believe me you know the day after. also there are certain conditions that it shouldnt be used with.
HTH
carole

I'm definitely going to look into getting one of those, I'll check with my neurologist but I'm sure as long as I feel okay then should be fine, if anything I'm guessing would help retain some muscle strength so could be quite a bonus. I think I'll try one out at my local gym and start saving!

try toning tables. See if anyone has any near you. They are 6 different machines that target all areas. They use them for people with muscle problems etc so you just lie there and they move for you for 30 minutes and its for all ages and your muscles and joints are safely exercised without stress or impact. Look on this website it shows you what they do and how they work Shapemaster - Powertone. Obviously this site is for you to buy them but people have them like a gym and you can use them. I use them 3 times a week and feel like I am toning up but early days for me.

the power plate and toning tables really have no comparison how they work. the poverplat uses high level vibration thet contracts and relaxes the muscles you do a half hr work out in 10 mins.

no I didnt mean they are anything like the power plates I just meant they are very good for loose skin as it tones every part of your body so very useful for what we are all going through and saves an op for reoval of skin if you start at the start of your journey. Sorry if you only wanted to know about the power plates I just thought it may help

I checked with my doctor if I was ok to use one and he said yes.
I have had mine just over a month now and notice my back pain is easier, my blood sugar level is down and staying down plus my arthritis pain seems less.
I used it up to 4 times a day and do no more than 15 minutes each time.

I bought it off eBay because it is £189.99 from their eBay store with free p&p
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CRAZY-FIT-VIBRATION-POWER-MASSAGE-PLATE-210-MODEL_W0QQitemZ170418497756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item27adbbe8dc
and £239.99 off their website:
Code:
 http://www.prestigesportsuk.co.uk/vibration1.html

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info everyone, toning tables sound like they might be worth giving a try, I'll try anything if it might help tone and lift saggy skin.

:thankyou:

Back