• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE-OP INFORMATION!!! : NEWS-Reductil/sibutramine banned across Europe

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
Todays Guardian(sorry don't know how to do a link)has an item on this

It is not banned in the UK-yet - I went to see a Gp yesterday & she didn't know of it's ban -we just decded that I would stop 'cos I have developed high BP

The Europe Ban is 'cos a survey has found it increases the risk of non-fatal heart attacks & strokes to an extent that outweighs its weight-loss benefits

Mmm makes interesting reading. My diabetes consultant told me to stop taking it before my op because it increases blood pressure. And now we know what else it does. Who was it who decided that the benefits of weight loss outweighed the risks and therefore said it was OK to prescribe it...because these are the people we trust to care for us.

:)Thanks for doing that link Dawn-must try to learn more computing skills !

Flipping heck I was only on it for a month or so had been on xenical over 4 years though.

With accomplia and reductial now being banned. will that mean more referrals for WLS - a service already stretched?

Reductil made me ill & my bp went sky high i had to be taken off them, not good meds at all :-(

On Reductil , I had severe mood swings, excellerated heart rate, anxiousness, very high bp, and terrible head aches, and that was only after 4 days, I was told to stop them asap. Never again .

All the best - MeJulie x x

Yup i said it before and i say it again, Reductil can increase your blood pressure. When i was prescribed it my old gp monitored it and when it happened took me straight off them :) Still wouldnt refer me for wls though, miserable git!

Jeeze I took this! And was told to take double to recommend dose if I was feeling particularly hungry!

Sally -that's shocking-20mg in one day-bet your heart was jumping
Mind you the consultants at SRhospital put me on the higher(15mg) dose-couldn't hack it for more than a week-despite it reducing my appetite-I could "feel" my blood pounding through my veins
It's no wonder I've now got high BP:(

Yeah Pop I was on the 15 dose too. They were great for a night out! ROFL!

Back