• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Surgery Tips

PinkyButtonz

Hi All,

I found this on another site I visited and thought this may interest you.

• Develop new coping mechanisms that aren’t associated with food.
  • Find new ways to occupy the time you used to spend eating.
  • Increase your physical activity - even the smallest effort makes a difference.
  • Create and rehearse responses to inquiries about your weight loss or behavioral changes.
  • Keep an ongoing list of your post-surgery goals and expectations.
  • Buy supplies such as infant/child utensils, small plates and bottled water.
  • Practice sipping water throughout the day.
  • Avoid drinking with meals.
  • Cut food into small pieces.
  • Practice chewing food until it’s smooth or in a puree form before swallowing.
  • Wean yourself off soda and other carbonated beverages.
  • Try different protein shakes and find one that you like.
  • Learn to recognize when you feel satisfied or full. During a meal, notice when food tastes less appealing. Notice when your sense of urgency to eat decreases. Notice when your sense of hunger decreases or goes away.

Bumping, cause some may find it helpful.

Great list! Thank you x

Great advice! Thanks so much for this.

Thanks for this post.

Rebirth

Thank you excellent post, I've printed it off & stuck it to the fridge :)

Thanks for this advice. My son is due to go out to Afghanistan in the next 6 months. Last time he was out there I had food to rely on, to help me get through. This time, I will be by-passed and won't have this buffer. I'd better start working on my coping mechanisms now.

Great advice, thank you! I have already started practising some of them now, still have to achieve the hardest one though which for me is finding something to take my mind off food! And when I feel like raiding the kitchen cupboards it takes SO much willpower not to do it, I really really struggle with that! :eek:

Cuppacocoa xx

Back