• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shake??

tpt

Uber geek
Ok - the stuff I have bought is following. Can you tell me if it's ok before I start throwing it down my neck?

It's from Tesco by Maximuscle called PROMAX DIET - high protein shake for shape toning & weight loss with green tea, CLA, Guarana and fibre (isn't the Guarana like caffeine??)

60g = 2 scoops to make a 3-350ml drink.

Protien 37.8g
215 cals
sat fat 1.8g
fibre 2g
cans10g of which sugar 5g

It's made from whey powder.

Any good?

Its not bad, the carbs are a bit high but its ok. I've had the regular promax which is lower carbs, not tried the diet.

No what you want is Whey protein, i used sci MX which you can get at Tescos !

You dont need shape tonning or muscle build, just protein.

Dont invest in soya protein as soya protein doesn't contain the essential amino acids you need to absorb the protein, to make soya work you have to consume other suppliments, so kind of defeats the object, and costs more when your trying to make it econnomical.

Personally i'm not that sure that protein suppliments really make much difference, i never used them till very recently, though i've always advocated to a high protein low carb balanced diet, so maybe i've got my protein needs from food.
I did start running a "protein experiement" a while back and to be honest it didn't make any different to my weight loss ! - so for me the juries still out, though others here really rave about protein suppliments

Thanks for the replies- I hear you SS - my dietition is adamant that I am getting enough protien in my diet and that I do not need the shakes, but a) half the time my food does not stay in my body and b) I am not losing weight hence the shakes powder.

Thanks for the replies- I hear you SS - my dietition is adamant that I am getting enough protien in my diet and that I do not need the shakes, but a) half the time my food does not stay in my body and b) I am not losing weight hence the shakes powder.

The proteins probably not the reason you've stopped loosing weight ! without knowing more i cant comment on that side of things, if your eating right you should still be loosing weight.

Back