• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Public weighing scales

Boblatina

This possibly seems like a daft question but how heavy do the scales at Boots etc weigh up to?

I am currently too heavy for my lovely Dualit scales - even with a bit of tinkering - and I need to keep an eye on my weight pre-op. However, I want to be able to go in and go straight out and not spend time looking at the machine in a busy shop with lots of people round me! (Self concious? Moi? :rolleyes:)

love

TillyBob

P.S, Tesco usually place their sclaes more discretely in the loo area. The scales also accomodate weight over 30 stone.

Have a look in your GP surgery, they should have a big machine thing that weighs you, measures your height and takes your BP. Go in and explain to the secretary that you're going in for WLS and you'd like to keep an eye on your weight and they should let you use that machine. And you won't have to pay for the privilege.

Chuff me wish I'd known that before, my doctor used to line up two sets for my huge weight. He then went out and bought some Bariatric scales for me just after I didn't need them LOL go figure, he's puddled but I love him for the chance he's given me

I'm saying if you don't wanna do the gp's scales use boots. You can pop your hand over where your weight shows so the world don't gawk and you get a print out you can look at in your car or at home. That way you write the date on your print out and keep it to compare as the months go buy. Simples :). Good luck with the scales i hope they swing in your favour xxxxxx

I've got a Weight Watches digital scale that weighs up to 28 st. Saw them on offer at Sainbsury's recently for £20 but that was about a week ago.

I'm saying if you don't wanna do the gp's scales use boots. You can pop your hand over where your weight shows so the world don't gawk and you get a print out you can look at in your car or at home. That way you write the date on your print out and keep it to compare as the months go buy. Simples :). Good luck with the scales i hope they swing in your favour xxxxxx
Brilliant idea - I might even get my OH to cause a distraction by engaging in some inept shoplifting on the other side of the store so no-one is looking at all :D:D:D:D:D (Well, he does owe me)

Thanks everyone

love

TillyBob

I get weighed once month at my gp's. I tried boots scales and they weighed me heavier than my gp's and gave me a height of 5ft 2" when I'm actually 5ft 6"lolx
Oh dear. I'm already 2 inches shorter in the hospital than I always thought I was. I can't afford to lose any more height:cry:

love

TillyBob

Brilliant idea - I might even get my OH to cause a distraction by engaging in some inept shoplifting on the other side of the store so no-one is looking at all :D:D:D:D:D (Well, he does owe me)

Thanks everyone

love

TillyBob
:rotflmao: I can imagine... 'Its alright dear, empty your pockets Im done...' while tootling out of Boots innocently lol.

I have to say I have seen Boots scales quite a few times but Im damned if Im getting on them. Knowing my luck there would be a joker doing the comic line 'Ow OW Ow your too heavy' behind me in the store.:p

Tescos do put theres in discreet places, my local has it wedged in a corner near the diarrohea, condoms, and verucca stuff.... not quite sure what they are getting at there..!:rolleyes: But Im still not getting on them, unless i go at 2am and then Ill prob be watched by the security guard who thinks Im nicking stuff lol

I've got a Weight Watches digital scale that weighs up to 28 st. Saw them on offer at Sainbsury's recently for £20 but that was about a week ago.
Just ordered a set of "Weightwatchers" digital scales from Boots.com. They weigh up to 28st :D (so they will be enough even for me :eek:) and, best of all, they were on offer for just £16! A worth it bargain.

They have lots of scales reduced at the moment which are worth looking at if you need a new set.

love

TillyBob

Back