• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pureéd food

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
hi all....

im a long way from this but it popped into my head so i thought we could discuss it....

the soft food stage...pureéd food...

i see people saying that they cooked dinner, ie, spag bol or sweet and sour chicken and then blended it!

this makes me feel physically sick. i could not put pureéd bolognaise in my mouth without gagging..im not going to be able to get over this so im going to need to think of something else...

is it possible to eat soft foods, ie, canned spaghetti, ravioli, tune etc and chew forever?

does anyone else have this..or am i a freak :flirt2: lol

MissyMustDoIt said:
hi all....

im a long way from this but it popped into my head so i thought we could discuss it....

the soft food stage...pureéd food...

i see people saying that they cooked dinner, ie, spag bol or sweet and sour chicken and then blended it!

this makes me feel physically sick. i could not put pureéd bolognaise in my mouth without gagging..im not going to be able to get over this so im going to need to think of something else...

is it possible to eat soft foods, ie, canned spaghetti, ravioli, tune etc and chew forever?

does anyone else have this..or am i a freak :flirt2: lol

I'm like this to!! The thought makes me feel sick, I'm just going to live on weetabix, porridge and soup. It's strange I can eat food that are suppose to be sloppy fine but the thought of other foods being made sloppy is a no no xxxx

i dont drink milk...so am going to have a problem with weetabix lol

pooridge=babysick

i do eat soup, maybe ill have to make homemade and make it a little thicker than normal...although the thought if that makes me uneasy....

didnt think about it until tatiana mentioned she pureéd her sweet and sour chicken and the though made me :jelous:

I'm not at that stage yet, but the dieticians leaflet I was given at the hospital says;

Weeks 2-4 you can progress to pureed foods in small quantities (4-5 small meals a day) to start with make the puree very runny, that would pour off a spoon. Low fat yogurt, custard, soup, mashed potato with gravy, cheese (grated into potato so it melts and isnt lumpy) parsley or other sauce for flavour, stewed apple, tinned fruit in juice, weetabix or readybrek with lots of milk. After tolerating very sloppy food for a few days start adding more protein foods.

They also say the size should be 5-6 tablespoons and initially you might want to buy a potato topped ready meal and puree it and it will last a couple of meals at least. I know it doesn't sound very appitising - but I imagine some new flavours will be a welcome addition. Maybe something like a fish pie wouldn't be so bad blitzed?

If I get near scanning facilities I'll post the guidelines in case anyone is curious - but it's important to follow the advice you are given by your own team.

Good luck xx Close your eyes and think of Slimdom!

Last edited:
well pureed pasta and rice is so wrong so i didnt bother with that... i stuck to pureed shepherds pies a fish mash and veg pureed in fish stock cubes.... but it does have to be pureed so please stick to this as your pouch is healing x

I'm not at that stage yet, but the dieticians leaflet I was given at the hospital says;

Weeks 2-4 you can progress to pureed foods in small quantities (4-5 small meals a day) to start with make the puree very runny, that would pour off a spoon. Low fat yogurt, custard, soup, mashed potato with gravy, cheese (grated into potato so it melts and isnt lumpy) parsley or other sauce for flavour, stewed apple, tinned fruit in juice, weetabix or readybrek with lots of milk. After tolerating very sloppy food for a few days start adding more protein foods.

They also say the size should be 5-6 tablespoons and initially you might want to buy a potato topped ready meal and puree it and it will last a couple of meals at least. I know it doesn't sound very appitising - but I imagine some new flavours will be a welcome addition. Maybe something like a fish pie wouldn't be so bad blitzed?

If I get near scanning facilities I'll post the guidelines in case anyone is curious - but it's important to follow the advice you are given by your own team.

Good luck xx Close your eyes and think of Slimdom!

haha your edit notes made me LOL!!!!

i dont eat fish either....god i dont eat a lot, i wonder why im so fat...oph yeh, i dont have an aversion to crisps lol

ill certainly put 100% effort into finding healthy foods i can tolerate in the sloppy stage xx

I don't eat fish or meat - but I'm living proof not all vegetarians are skinny minny health nuts!

I was going to post a new thread about my earlier achievement - but decided against it on the grounds of decency.

My nicest pureed meal is panakity. Which is potatoes sliced thickly bring to boil add corned beef and onion. Like a hot pot but in a pan :) only had a few mouthfuls as it was very filling but has pureed better than most meals. X

Hi
I was so relieved to get to the pureed stage, i bought some jars of baby food and added salt and pepper and gravy so it was quite runny! Also the kids meals in supermarkets are quite pureed so i was buying them, again adding gravy and veg. Puree and freeze individually.
Kim

The thought of pureed food makes me sick too. But, I'm sure by the time I get there, I'll try anything that tastes different!

the thought of pureed food does make you think..omg yuk... but rust me when you do get there and you start experimenting... your relieved to be off the liquid stage lol

I'm on my 2nd week of the liquid stage, after being on the liver reduction for 4 weeks before that I thought 'Im never gonna blend shepherds pie etc',

but I SO AM! lol

I'm on my 2nd week of the liquid stage, after being on the liver reduction for 4 weeks before that I thought 'Im never gonna blend shepherds pie etc',

but I SO AM! lol

:8855:

my hubby makes lovely homemade soup potato leek etc, so he blended some for me at the pureed stage i could cope with that because soup is supposed to be liquid either smooth, chunky, or just plain liquid but i could not no matter how much i tried manage pureed food which isn't supposed to be :( i was so glad when i came off that :) i found low fat custard a great filler too,

glad im not the only one angie!!

i can live on soup and custard lol

I am like everyone on here the very thought of pureed roast dinner and such makes me feel sick and I am only 4 days post op so only at liquid stage and will be for the next 3 and half weeks yet. Will probably try and get the full feeling on low fat custard and yoghurts and soups.
I actually managed to a have a full tin of tom soup this afternoon even though it took me half an hour to eat it all lol

Back